Thread: File Sharing

File Sharing
    what file sharing program do you guys use?

currently at college, most ports that these programs run off are blocked so students cant host anything they want... and i havent really looked for any mac file sharing program before... so im wondering what you guys use

**note** this is not for any illegal activity, no need to mention that it can be used for those means as well... i simply am looking for a way to find documents and stuff, and would rather not use IRC... too much hassel to find some simple text files or video clips here and there

They have allowed file sharing talks before as long as they dont cross the line into mentioning of Serial Numbers, cracks, and stuff.

If I was you honestly (easier said that done) while at a university I'd a 100% forget about P2P clients. Most are blocked, say you find one thats not use it (get caught) the Universities take some extreme punishments. Including Fines (on top of whatever other legal fee's you could be facing) suspension, etc.

But if your 100 % determined on it, I would go with Conversation (safest) it's a IRC type thing. Laid out exactly like IChat.

If that don't work for you type in P2P under search and it will bring up a ton of different ones. Download lesser known ones (ie... not Limewire, which is great by the way it suited my needs before I decided File Sharing wasn't for me and got out of it.)

15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
    Limewire; Poison; try Bit Torrent too!

Limewire, have bit torrent, but never use it. friend uses aquisition.

Limewire, Bittorrent, Azureus

i used mIRC before i moved onto mac within the last month or so, is Conversation like that? im downloading it now. and if it is whats its biggest server? like EFNET OR DALNET on IRC?

I am a fan of BitTorrent, was wondering if anyone knew any decent sites...

Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by mMmApples
    I am a fan of BitTorrent, was wondering if anyone knew any decent sites...
    Because of the nature of the application, I don't think you willl get to many replies. Unless they are private ones.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

San Antonio, Texas
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    to OP, you could always reconfigure or forward your ports.

Sunny So Cal
    /me is waiting for eXeem

Thread Information