New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Bags under the eyes...solutions?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I've tried sleeping pills, recommended by a pharmacist of course, but I find that they take a while to kick in, and once they do, you're out for a lot longer than what you'd like. So by the time you actually "wake up" from them to get that feeling that you ARE awake, and not just waking up, it takes a while. You have to let them run their course.

Tylonel is like candy to me. I've been having migraines as a child, so anything that is over-the-counter, doesn't really work.

NyQuil works though. Sometimes I'll take 2 of the capsules to help me sleep.

I've never tried Ambien, and cherries are way too expensive here to be doing that lol.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkr0x0r View Post
I've tried sleeping pills, recommended by a pharmacist of course, but I find that they take a while to kick in, and once they do, you're out for a lot longer than what you'd like. So by the time you actually "wake up" from them to get that feeling that you ARE awake, and not just waking up, it takes a while. You have to let them run their course.

Tylonel is like candy to me. I've been having migraines as a child, so anything that is over-the-counter, doesn't really work.

NyQuil works though. Sometimes I'll take 2 of the capsules to help me sleep.

I've never tried Ambien, and cherries are way too expensive here to be doing that lol.
Try sleepMD. it worked for my wife for a few months.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Sa!!yz~Rage

Sa!!yz~Rage is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G4-933, PB-1.25, TiBook-1Ghz

If you can drink milk try warm milk, I know it seems like an 'old lady' thing, but it works. Tryptophan. I'm not sure why but for some reason it works best it it's heated on the stove and not the microwave.

Less Mac? That would be a tough one.
QUOTE Thanks
DaYCEnt

DaYCEnt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers

4 hours of sleep with a half-hour nap mid-day. the typical REM cycle is about 4 hours, that's why you're tired when you get 6 1/2 hours... then after about 3 or 4 days of that, one night of solid 8 hours - not in-bed time reading, but actual sleep time.
If I'm having trouble after that, I take Valerian Root supplements. Helps you to achieve REM quicker and have a more relaxed sleep.
QUOTE Thanks
Mantronix

Mantronix will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
Have you considered something like Ambien, or even Tylenol PM or Benadryl?

Or at a minimum, eating a handful of cherries before going to bed.
I use to take Trazadon which helped me go to sleep when I had insomnia. Ambien was too strong for me and it literally had me sleepwalking.

Widgets≠Gadgets
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I would seriously consider the memory foam pad. I got one for my futon and it's heaven. It helped me fall asleep sooner and feel refreshed when I wake up. Before the pad, I was asleep around 10:30pm and up a few times before 6am. Now, I sleep like a baby and I am dead around 10pm and up at 5:30-6am. I sleep straight through the night, even if my gf is tossing around. The pad was only $75 with shipping. Memory foam link I just bought one for her as well. They're really comfortable.
Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
Flic

Flic is a jewel in the roughFlic is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: - Macbook -

I never get the right amount of sleep, It's terrible! I'm either tired from not sleeping enough or over-tired from too much of it! Luckily us girlies can cheat and use make-up to cover our sins

I'd give anything to be able to wake up and jump right out of bed for work in the morning, but it kills me! My sleep patterns have always been all over the place. I'm a true night owl.
QUOTE Thanks
narf1899

narf1899 is a jewel in the roughnarf1899 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flic View Post
I never get the right amount of sleep, It's terrible! I'm either tired from not sleeping enough or over-tired from too much of it! Luckily us girlies can cheat and use make-up to cover our sins

I'd give anything to be able to wake up and jump right out of bed for work in the morning, but it kills me! My sleep patterns have always been all over the place. I'm a true night owl.
ahh....curse this Y-chromosome....

iMac Aluminum 20" 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM 300gb HD
iMac 20" Core2duo 2gb 250gb
Macbook White Core2duo 2gb 80gb
Powermac G4 dual 450
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

You have Baggss under your eyes??!! Boy is he going to be upset.
QUOTE Thanks
Flic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
You have Baggss under your eyes??!! Boy is he going to be upset.
Ahhh was only a matter of time! He popped into my head too when I saw the thread title
QUOTE Thanks
metalsam

metalsam is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.67ghz powerbook G4, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD.

Go for a run in the mornings - makes your brain more active for the day and also makes you tired towards the evening.
QUOTE Thanks
Flic

A RUN?! Are you mad?!
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsam View Post
Go for a run in the mornings - makes your brain more active for the day and also makes you tired towards the evening.
Besides sleep, that is the best advice that I have seen in this thread thus far.
QUOTE Thanks
Thorin

Thorin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PM G4 Dual 867, 1gb, 160gb

This can also be caused by a lack of certain nutrients. Try a multivitamin like Centrum.
QUOTE Thanks
BethanyLieb

BethanyLieb is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 16g iPhone 3g, 30g iPod classic

I'm not sure.. I'm a girl so i have the luxury of makeup to fix that. Getting out in the sun will help because your overall skin tone will even out. Tinted moisturizer (yes, guys are allowed to use that) will do the same trick. but getting more sleep will be the best solution.

Bethany
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« M-F World of Warcrafters | Help Me Solve This Hard Puzzle! »