New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

I remember when.........

Thread Closed

cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassifire View Post

I don't think any of his responses were insults. I admire you for voiceing your opinion, but why are you so defensive?
How are these not insults?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
As evidenced by you obviously..

Are you really that humor impaired?

Why don't you just go wander off a cliff somewhere.....

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
Cassifire

Cassifire has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesybanana View Post
How are these not insults?
I admit, that first one is an insult.The other's are borderline insults, but not quite. However, I think that you brought it upon yourself. If you would explain why you so strongly disbelieve the listed scenario's and why you are defensive of "your generation", it may very well save you a few more insults. Then again, it could bring on more.

But it would be nice to know why we are insulting you.
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Heh. I'm not quite sure what that is referring to. Was I bad as a kid? Or is that just a lame attempt at an insult?(
No, my inference was that a good beating, or 20, might do you some good....

cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassifire View Post

I admit, that first one is an insult.The other's are borderline insults, but not quite. However, I think that you brought it upon yourself. If you would explain why you so strongly disbelieve the listed scenario's and why you are defensive of "your generation", it may very well save you a few more insults. Then again, it could bring on more.

But it would be nice to know why we are insulting you.
Why explain? If you are really interested, I will explain. However, considering past threads, explanations and elaborations are generally ignored in favor of simply writing the person off for one reason or another.

Quote:
No, my inference was that a good beating, or 20, might do you some good....
Why are you such a nasty person? I am really curious what I have done to make you so bitter towards me. When I first came on here we started to have intelligent debates. I would even give you rep points for actually debating. Then, for no reason, you started insulting me and my intelligence.

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Now now children, let's simmer down
cheesybanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Now now children, let's simmer down
He started it neye:

baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
He started it neye:
Someone call the Waaaaaaambulance....

cheesybanana

Quote:
Someone call the Waaaaaaambulance....
Yukyuk.

I am done with this thread, as there is nothing more infuriating than someone who disregards entire posts. You are acting like a 6 year old.

EDIT: Told you Cass...it is totally pointless : P

D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Okay, this started as a light-hearted thread reminiscing about days gone by.
I am giving it a total of one post past mine to get back on topic and stop the bickering, or it gets locked.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Threads like this are the reason people leave forums.. can we just all chill a bit please?

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
Cassifire

Cassifire has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.

Quote:
Why explain? If you are really interested, I will explain. However, considering past threads, explanations and elaborations are generally ignored in favor of simply writing the person off for one reason or another.
I am interested. Trust me, there are too many mindless fights in my middle school that could easily be avoided by clarification.

And to get the thread back on topic, I may not be as old as some of you, but I do remember when gas was aound $1.90 in the early ninties...I think.
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Blast that dastardly inflation!
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac | 2.16 Ghz | 2 GB ram | 232.44 HD | OSX 10.4.11

Quote:
Most importantly, I tend to be very defensive of my generation and the world I live in. As I said before, the "good ol' days" references are pitiful and annoying. Many of the issues listed on your chain email are very relevant today. I happen to feel very strongly against them and will voice my opinion on them. If you can not except them, fine. My comments were not directed toward you...
It doesn't sound like it IS "fine." Is it vital to your existence to try to convert people of opposing viewpoints to your own? It's very noble of you to defend the world in which you live, but it does happen to be the world "we live in."

I think every era had/has something good about it, something redeeming. Why take it that personally if someone else thinks "the good ol' days" were better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com

Thread Closed

« Mac song | Google Video Anyone?? »