New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

the music top 5: vol I

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

list your top 5 favorites in each catagory:

1) song intros

2) instrumental songs by bands/performers that do not primarily do instrumental songs

3) songs with a person's name in the title

4) female vocalists (in a band or solo)

5) songs about loss

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
XMARLTONX

XMARLTONX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
list your top 5 favorites in each catagory:

1) song intros

2) instrumental songs by bands/performers that do not primarily do instrumental songs

5) songs about loss

1) Blink 182's "Carosuel"

2) Billy Joel's Opus 7 Aria from Fantasies and Delusions

3) Catch 22's Dear Sergio

4) Vanessa Carlton/Agent M from Tsunami Bomb

5) The Cure's Boys Don't Cry

Niiiiice thread. Hard too! =)
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

note, it's your top five in each.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
XMARLTONX

XMARLTONX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

Quote:
note, it's your top five in each.
WOW, Really hard! I'll come back to this thread when it isnt 2am! lol
QUOTE Thanks
eric

so no other takers?

am i going to have to be the only one to answer?

QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

I'll answer, but I have to decide everything, still working on it.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

eric, I can't really think of five songs with people's names in them.

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
eric

aw customer, come on?

amy, amanda, beth, hey joe, frosty the snowman, trane's blues, ty cobb, jesus is just alright, achilles last stand, hey micky, etc

QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Wow this is a lot of work. Not in order and this is more based on what i have been listening to in recent months

1) song intros
- Guster and Ben Kweller - I Hope Tomorrow Is Like Today
- Pink Floyd - Have a Cigar
- Pearl Jam - Daughter
- John Mayer Trio - Try
- The Beatles - Hey Bulldog

- Ben Harper - #3
- Daniel Lanois - Sonho Dourado
- Allman Brothers - Jessica
- Robert Randolph & The Family Band - Tears of Joy
- Pink Floyd - Any Color You Like

I love billy joel but wouldn't include anything from Fantasies and Delusions since its sole purpose was classical/instrumental

- Grateful Dead - Franklin's Tower
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- The Allman Brothers - Melissa
- Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant Massacre
- Ben Folds - Annie Waits

- Janis Joplin
- Emmylou Harris
- Sara Watkins (Nickel Creek)
- Shannon Worrell
- Ani DiFranco

5) songs about loss
- Ben Folds - Gone
- Explosions in the Sky - The Birth and Death of Day (instrumental)
- Gary Jules - Mad World
- Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
- Neil Young - Don't Let it Bring you Down
- Oasis - Don't Go Away
- Pearl Jam - Corduroy
- Pink Floyd - Wish You were Here
- Ryan Adams - Meadowlake Street

Went over on 5 because I didn't want to do any narrowing down....just killed 40 minutes I should have been sleeping going through my library

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
eric

some great choices! especially like the Arlo nod.

QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
some great choices! especially like the Arlo nod.
When I lived on a sail boat we had weekly "field days" where we just cleaned the ship top to bottom. My watch was on the galley and we listen to Alice's Restaurant every week while cleaning

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
fluffer

fluffer is a jewel in the roughfluffer is a jewel in the rough

This was really really hard, I had to surf through my iPod, gets you thinking!

1) song intros
The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
William Orbit - Barber's Adagio for Strings
T-Rex - 20th Century Boy
Hawkwind - Silver Machine
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

Stone Roses - I Am The Ressurection (not strictly instrumental but very few lyrics)
Struggling with more....

The Chimpz/Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
The ****ed - Elouise
Sinead O'Connor - John, I love you
The Kinks - Lola
Johnny Cash - Give My Love to Rose

Sarah MaClachlan
Amy Winehouse
Kate Bush
Siouxsie Sioux
Elizabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins)

5) songs about loss
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart (again)
Damien Rice - Cannonball
Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out
This Mortal Coil - Song To The Siren
The Smiths - Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
QUOTE Thanks
eric

also some great choices fluffer. i am (or was anyway) a big fan of the cult, you're spot on with the she sells sanctuary intro. i didn't think of it for my list (which i've been holding since shortly after i posted the thread).

also love the TMC version of song to the siren (and the similar sounding i want to live)!

and to everyone else, feel free to post in sections if you feel it's a struggle to come up with all of it at once, or if you just don't care about a section.

QUOTE Thanks
eric

ok, so these were the ones i came up with within a couple hours of posting the thread...

intros
monkey man by the rolling stones
2+2=5 by radiohead
landlord by low
atom bomb by fluke
angel by massive attack

instrumentals
ivy and neet by this mortal coil
a warm place by nine inch nails
flightless by soul whirling somewhere
bron yr aur by led zeppelin
first and last waltz by nickel creek

people
kim the waitress by material issue
serena by duncan sheik
leo by failure
john henry split my heart by songs: ohia
jenny ondioline by stereolab

female vocals
miki berenyi of lush
mimi parker of low
latitia sadier of sterolab
karen peris of the innocence mission
sonya aurora madan of echobelly

loss
down in flames by semisonic
the slim by sugar
losing it by rush
last night by lush
it was a very good year by frank sinatra

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Blue-Ray v HD DVD | What did you learn this week? (wo 4/16) »