New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Terrible news... Va Tech Shooting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Such terrible news... I know there are a lot of students on this forum, hopefully none are involved in anyway...

Reports are 22 dead 28 injured..

So very sad.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

http://www.drudgereport.com/
QUOTE Thanks
Lisa

Lisa will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB

Oh, wow. My heart is with you all. Thanks for posting this, RIDE
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

Woah, that's terrible news.

What can you say to stuff like that - it's shocking - just shouldn't be possible.
QUOTE Thanks
fluffer

fluffer is a jewel in the roughfluffer is a jewel in the rough

I'm hearing there are 28 dead now according to Sky News, awful, awful business

In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Truly shocking, yet alarmingly not surprising. My thoughts are with allthe victims, their families and the families of the shooter as well who have a nightmare to come no doubt.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

I know people who went to Tech, work with people who went there. It's a good school. This is unimaginable.

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
Cherokee

Cherokee is a jewel in the roughCherokee is a jewel in the rough

Reports now say 31 dead along with the gunman. What a horrific ordeal.
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Yea I'm listening to the BCC News and there is unconfirmed reports about 2 Shooters but at the moment the Police are only confirming 1 Shooter.

It's very sad that this kind of killing to anyone can happen, let alone the killing of 31 Innocent People.

I can't imagine the feelings going through Victim's Family who will be visited by Police to inform them that their Son's or Daughters will never be coming home.

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

I heard on the radio that the shooter was looking for his girlfriend. How does this happen? I can't believe we have another Columbine situation on our hands.

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

I'm not a Virginia Tech student until August, I go to school 45 miles east. This is terrible. All of my friends have been lucky, I feel terrible for those who were not.

Talks of the shooter(s) lining students up in a class room and executing them? Unbelievable. This is a clear example that terrible things can happen anywhere at any time.

I can only see more gun control measures in the future as a result of this, unfortunately. What a sad time.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Awful news. It was on the front page of my paper. SO SAD.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by walmartconnect View Post
I can only see more gun control measures in the future as a result of this, unfortunately. What a sad time.
The truth is the "Gun Free Zones" on universities really only creates a virtual slaughter house for the criminals, killers, and madmen.

If any laws are changed/created IMO it should be allowing students/teachers with proper training the right to protect themselves with a concealed weapon. As apposed to the current laws requiring them to simply wait their turn at the mercy of a psychopath.
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

CNN getting preliminary report that shooter was a VT student, and shooter killed himself.

MSNBC (when it wasn't focused on how evil guns are) interviewed a student by phone who claimed to be in one of the rooms the gunman attacked. He said the shooter killed the professor then randomly began shooting into the mass of students on the floor. When he left the room, two students went to block the door as the shooter came back; unable to get the door open, he fired multiple rounds through the door but didn't hit anyone.

Fox News (when it wasn't focused on how evil computer games are) is reporting that federal sources have confirmed 32 total dead.
QUOTE Thanks
TheThirdMan

TheThirdMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz

Quote:
If any laws are changed/created IMO it should be allowing students/teachers with proper training the right to protect themselves with a concealed weapon. As apposed to the current laws requiring them to simply wait their turn at the mercy of a psychopath.
I really dont want to get into a debate, but more guns is not the option. Figures have shown time and time again that proliferation of firearms only serve to increase gun crime. Whilst the US has several thousand murders from firearms every year, the rest of the western world put together doesnt reach half that figure. Most of those countries have tighter gun laws and most of their police to not carry weapons.

The only way to deal with it is at the source, not the mouth. Killing rampaging students will still not help to stop the murders of these students, only treating and preventing such a rampage from taking place will do that.

I cant imagine what would drive someone to do that. Truly humanity at its worst.
QUOTE Thanks
TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)

I really dont wan't this thread to turn into a debate about gun crime etc, Lets try and keep this one slightly more on topic hey?

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected

~~ TS ~~

JEMDNA Photography - Clicky to see latest work
“Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Great Photos from NYC | Where does this .gif come from? »