New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

plz help me out guys?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

doubledvideo

First off this site rocks...
Send off i'll never go back to a Windows PC piece of sh*t....recently i just installed a home wireless network in my house, with 2 Windows PC's and my lovely Mac, 3 hours of figuring out how to have the PC accept the signal from the wireless router (granted the pc is a win 98 and XP is prolly alot better)...but with my mac, i installed my airport card, and instantly it walked me through the setup and I was only in seconds. B-E-A-utiful!

but the reason im posting is...

I make movies and stuff on FCP3, and now I want to make a nice DVD Case label for my dvd's like the oncs you would see in the store when you buy a dvd...*not the sticky label u up on the CD/DVD* but the label that goes on the inside the clear plastic that goes around the (usually black in color) DVD case...

I just bought Photoshop CS and i am new to photoshops and am just getting used to it...but if anyone makes DVD labels what program do you guys use...and is there a template, or something that is already preset with the size, so i can just import pictures and put in some text and print it out? or should I just mess around some more with PH CS and try to figure it out...

ur comments plz! thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

You might find something helpful here -hope it helps
QUOTE Thanks
WilliS

i would find out the dementions of the case, that the page would sit in, once you print it out and such...then from there, you can make a blank photoshop image... start off with a black background, and start putting stuff on it.

photoshop is a fun program to learn... im still a noob at it, but i do stuff like making sig's for my online forums...as you can see below, i took the image that was on the girls back, removed it, replaced the color on her back where the image once was, then took the apple logo, put it over her back, made it lighter so you could see her skin tone through it, then shaded it a bit to try to make it look natural.... if you glance at it, it almost looks like the apple was painted on her back... but upon closer inspection, its just the work of a noob me... lol

if you have any questions on photoshop, i might be able to help you out, PM me, or post a question...im not a graphic designer, but i do know the program a little bit...

good luck, photoshop is fun... and expencive...so you will want to get your money out of it...so learn it! and love it!
QUOTE Thanks
doubledvideo

that website didn't help but thanks anyways, it was for a jewel case, not a dvd case.

photoshop is sooo confusing.
QUOTE Thanks
GLJones

GLJones is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledvideo
photoshop is sooo confusing.
PS has a steep learning curve. I suggest using the tutorials that came with it. They are great for getting you up to speed on the basics and include some pretty advanced stuff too.

Jerry
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« new name | The Pit »