New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Pic of my trip to Japan.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Great pictures!! I hope I get to go to Japan one day. I love their culture. I think I must have been japanese in a past life.

QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
I'm lucky that I'm married to a sweet Japanese girl (now American) who has some pretty cool parents.
Probably not the best reason to get married...I'm joking.

Yea I would like to go to Japan at some, well that whole region to be honest. Looks Very Good, You had to get a Picture of one with an Apple Store in didn't you. lol

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
fluffer

fluffer is a jewel in the roughfluffer is a jewel in the rough

Stunning, thanks for sharing. It's one of my dreams to visit Japan.
And it was great hearing the stories behind each picture, amazing.

In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Great photos, Sgt Beavis! Did you get to visit Kyoto and to its surroundings?

Oh and welcome back!
QUOTE Thanks
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis is a jewel in the roughSgt Beavis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
Great photos, Sgt Beavis! Did you get to visit Kyoto and to its surroundings?

Oh and welcome back!
No, unfortunately I didn't get a chance. There simply wasn't enough time.

We're going back next year to try and see the cherry blossoms again. I've already told my wife that I want to catch the bullet down to Osaka and Kyoto.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

I ask because when I studied in architecture, I made a brief homework on the Katsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rykyu). It belonged to one of the emperor's back in the 1500s (it was his summer cottage) and was renovated for over 100 years through successive emperors. Back then Japan was not really a country but a bunch of fiefdoms.

I think you now need a special permission to visit as it is closed to people for preservation purposes.

Photos here and here. The gardens are magnificent.

More info here, Imperial Villa Katsura.

It is stunning from the photos I've seen and the level of delicate details all over the house? *Phew* Wanna go there too. LOL
QUOTE Thanks
Sgt Beavis

Very cool. That's one of those places I would love to see.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Cool! Don't forget to ask the special permission ahead of time and you'll be all set. I really don't know about the delays to get this special permission though.

Good luck and when you come back from that trip next year, don't forget to post some more photos! I'm sure they'll be breathtaking. :girl:

Till then, we have these to keep us dreaming!
QUOTE Thanks
captainmac

captainmac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac mini 1.5GHz Intel Solo 60GB 512MB RAM

The Apple Store in Ginza - 1 more reason for me to go there this summer.

Nice pictures, thanks for posting.

Hopefully, I'll never have to 'click start to begin' again.
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac | 2.16 Ghz | 2 GB ram | 232.44 HD | OSX 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntalin View Post
I am flabbergasted. I feel like I had just visited there.
Talin took the words right out of my mouth!
Thanks so much for posting the pics. :girl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
johntalin

johntalin is a jewel in the roughjohntalin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
I ask because when I studied in architecture, I made a brief homework on the Katsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rykyu). It belonged to one of the emperor's back in the 1500s (it was his summer cottage) and was renovated for over 100 years through successive emperors. Back then Japan was not really a country but a bunch of fiefdoms.

I think you now need a special permission to visit as it is closed to people for preservation purposes.

Photos here and here. The gardens are magnificent.

More info here, Imperial Villa Katsura.

It is stunning from the photos I've seen and the level of delicate details all over the house? *Phew* Wanna go there too. LOL
I appreciate architecture immensely. Art and architecture go hand in hand. And, those photos show great deal of handiwork.

"Do all the good you can... In all the ways you can... In all the places you can... At all the times you can... To all the people you can... As long as you ever can..." ~ Rules of Conduct
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

The door handles are made of pure gold, I've read somewhere. But that is irrelevant. Look at the pictures of doorways, the height of the ceiling compared to the width of the rooms. The dimensions and proportions are perfect for mankind. They make you feel... I guess the word would be comfortable. It is made in a human scale.
QUOTE Thanks
johntalin

johntalin is a jewel in the roughjohntalin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM

I always feel calm and peaceful in a Japanese garden. I think, because it is free of clutter.

"Do all the good you can... In all the ways you can... In all the places you can... At all the times you can... To all the people you can... As long as you ever can..." ~ Rules of Conduct
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Great pics! It makes me want to visit again. I went back in 1998 when I graduated from high school and did a year of Japanese language study. I've never been to any Disney park in the U.S., but I went to the one in Tokyo.

I remember I bought a portable mini-disc player/recorder in Akihabara, convinced it would eventually reach the U.S. and replace CD's due to it's compact size and recording capability. Never happened and a college roommate stole the player! The joke was on him because he didn't get the AC adapter.

I definitely want to go back sometime to see the cherry blossoms and visit Tokyo again.
QUOTE Thanks
Sgt Beavis

I finally uploaded all of the pictures I took during last months trip to Japan. There are over 200 pictures in all.

Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rboyett...7600082542596/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Well, so long everybody... | mobile phone concepts »