Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1

    witeshark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 09, 2004
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    2,860
    Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Cool 2 Fast 2 Furious
    I just saw it and it really rocks! And it's set in my home town too :cool:

  2. #2
    TylerMoney
    Guest
    Can't say I enjoyed the first one, so I don't think I'll see the second..at least not pay money for it...but a lot of people enjoyed it...i just couldn't get into the cars...they seemed too cheesey for me....when I think about racing cars...those rediculous stickers....and terrible body kits just don't make me happy....

    I don't mind some body kits...but only ones that actually enhance the performance of the vehicle...and absolutely no flame stickers.....lowering the car is good...suspension......

    my roommate is getting a 1988 mazda r-x7 fc turbo....it's going to tear up the streets.....I can't wait til he brings it back.....

  3. #3

    witeshark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 09, 2004
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    2,860
    Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    I kinda agree - I saw the first one free and I'm glad of that but the second is a lot better! and it's on cable now

  4. #4
    TylerMoney
    Guest
    ah, but we don't have cable here....

  5. #5

    witeshark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 09, 2004
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    2,860
    Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Has anyone seen Mars Attacks? Really funny!

  6. #6
    TylerMoney
    Guest
    Yes, yes I have. Great movie...isn't it a Tim Burton film? I'm pretty sure it is.

  7. #7

    witeshark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 09, 2004
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    2,860
    Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerMoney
    Yes, yes I have. Great movie...isn't it a Tim Burton film? I'm pretty sure it is.
    Yeah it sure is

  8. #8
    Uni
    Guest
    i recon there both really cheesy in the acting department. Brian oconnor thinks hes black!!!

    i LOVE the cars tho... minus those crappy stickers of course

    Uni/.

  9. #9
    nicholas
    Guest
    Come on, you guys can't deny how cool it was when Walker and Tyrese's cars (I think it was a Lan Evo and a Mitsubishi Eclipse) raced to the docks against a Z06 Vette, M5, 69 Ram Charger, and I forget the other two.

  10. #10

    witeshark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 09, 2004
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    2,860
    Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    I think Walkers is a Nissan Skyline, which is only available by special deal in the US

  11. #11

    citystar2k's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 18, 2004
    Location
    North Derbyshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    178
    Specs:
    12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
    Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 and R34 is available worldwide for importation from Japan, but there is a different version available to the US, some slight modifications to make the car street legal because it's imported, not exactly sure why it has to be modified. Walker's car is the R34 if anybody was wondering.

  12. #12
    nicholas
    Guest
    Ahh, thanks for the clarification guys. The Skyline is essentially the equivalent of the Infinity G35. 280hp, same chassis, similar frame and design, etc. I think to import a Skyline to the US, fully loaded that is, it runs about $80K. Which is about the price of a G35 AND a Corvette Z06. Or an M5. I'd go with the M5.

  13. #13

    citystar2k's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 18, 2004
    Location
    North Derbyshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    178
    Specs:
    12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by citystar2k
    Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 and R34 is available worldwide for importation from Japan, but there is a different version available to the US, some slight modifications to make the car street legal because it's imported, not exactly sure why it has to be modified. Walker's car is the R34 if anybody was wondering.
    Actually it could be the R33, can't be too sure.

  14. #14
    Uni
    Guest
    its an R34. You can tell by the more rounded nose and headlights.

    The two cars they race to the docks in are an Evo7 and a Mitsubishi FTO GPX Convertible (very rare).

    Oh and i'm not sure bout the US, but in australia, the Skyline can be imported just the same as any other car from Japan. The modifications u speak of include changing it to LHD, and any other changes that need to be made in order to make it registerable (must conform with US Design Rules).

    Uni/.

  15. #15

    witeshark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 09, 2004
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    2,860
    Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni
    its an R34. You can tell by the more rounded nose and headlights.

    The two cars they race to the docks in are an Evo7 and a Mitsubishi FTO GPX Convertible (very rare).

    Oh and i'm not sure bout the US, but in australia, the Skyline can be imported just the same as any other car from Japan. The modifications u speak of include changing it to LHD, and any other changes that need to be made in order to make it registerable (must conform with US Design Rules).

    Uni/.
    This is true, and as far as I know, true only of the US

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I need your help fast
    By rkilicar in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 11:38 PM
  2. Apple's rumored iTV rebranding makes UK broadcaster 'furious'
    By the8thark in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 04:23 PM
  3. Sunrise 1.0 Released! Fast, Fast, Fast Browser
    By mac57 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 11:21 PM
  4. Sometimes Incredibly Fast Startup, Other Times Not So Fast
    By geekboy2000 in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 04:41 PM
  5. fast and furious 3 update?
    By design2 in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 04:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •