New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

A new Search Engine - strange!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

Ok I've just stumbled across this fairly unique search engine:

http://msdewey.com/

I don't think Google have too much to worry about just yet. :black:

EDIT:

I've left it running on another tab for the last few minutes - and it actually gets quite annoying - kind of like the MS Office Assistant - keeps tapping the screen and asking me to type stuff! :radioacti
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNDdave View Post
Ok I've just stumbled across this fairly unique search engine:

http://msdewey.com/

I don't think Google have too much to worry about just yet. :black:

EDIT:

I've left it running on another tab for the last few minutes - and it actually gets quite annoying - kind of like the MS Office Assistant - keeps tapping the screen and asking me to type stuff! :radioacti
yes it is unique. In fact I never got if fully running/loaded. Strange indeed.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

interesting concept, but a bit annoying. They need someone who can act subtly sexy without appearing slightly mentally challenged.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Cute...

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
interesting concept, but a bit annoying. They need someone who can act subtly sexy without appearing slightly mentally challenged.

As I said earlier I thought it was quite unique - but leaving it running in another tab for a few minutes and it became VERY annoying.

I actually think the idea is pretty stupid as most web users want to type their search term hit enter and get the answer/link (possible answers/links) and having to wait for the little animation is a waste of time in my opinion.

I should perhaps point out that I 'stumbled' across this site after looking at a page detailing the 10 worst web pages of 2006 (ranked as a joint 3rd) Clicky.
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Yes, pretty bad! Google you can sit down...you are safe!

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

lol....if you type in certain things she will yell at you about your language
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

If msdewey means M$, that thing isn't surprising. It would be Ballmer proving to the world he's really kewel.
QUOTE Thanks
Flic

Flic is a jewel in the roughFlic is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: - Macbook -

Wow, she's annoying!
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

Ah, it's powered by Live Search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Study View Post
If msdewey means M$, that thing isn't surprising. It would be Ballmer proving to the world he's really kewel.
I hadn't realised it was a Microsoft project.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 3.png (49.5 KB, 12 views)
QUOTE Thanks
TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

I think I'll just stick to Google.

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCustomer99 View Post
I think I'll just stick to Google.
Me too, Google is simple, and gets the job done.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

I thought so, google it is! Still #1.

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

there's only one search engine lady for me...

but i still google more often than not.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
johntalin

johntalin is a jewel in the roughjohntalin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM

I tried both, and I will stick with Google. Yahoo is not bad at times, either.

"Do all the good you can... In all the ways you can... In all the places you can... At all the times you can... To all the people you can... As long as you ever can..." ~ Rules of Conduct
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« making a website | bought off itunes »