New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

M$ users stampede

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

:eek: M$ users are having all this fun and we are -- well just being happy! :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
Stevejac

My Xp machines downloaded and installed the upgrades automatically, already.

Since I've owned my iBook (3 months) there've been a few apple security downloads. They weren't automatic. So who is having more fun?
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

My Mac updates are auto - you can set it that way
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevejac
My Xp machines downloaded and installed the upgrades automatically, already.
And who knows what else is being downloaded/uploaded "automatically" as well? :cool:

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

Right, the advent of trusted computing :rolleyes: That is something I want NO part of! PS: What are the odds that posts here saying OH my wincrashXpee did this great! and windows is running fine crap are we gonna believe? :p :eek:
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

Mine updates automatically...checks once a week about.....I don't have to go to a web site and wait for anything either...if I want to do it manually...it's really really really easy..

looky there..just checked it while I was writing this...oh, nothing new. I'd better go update my XP though...I guess I need to start reading up on windows agian...haven't paid much attention to it since I got my mac...these kind of updates are pretty important.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

btw, where do I go for that? (the windows patches that is.....) On the microsoft site?....my auto update is dead on my pc....for verious reasons I won't get into.
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark
Right, the advent of trusted computing :rolleyes: That is something I want NO part of!
Tell me about it... Reading this a while back raised some serious concerns with me about M$ :

http://www.microsuck.com/content/ms-hidden-files.shtml

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMoney
btw, where do I go for that? (the windows patches that is.....) On the microsoft site?....my auto update is dead on my pc....for verious reasons I won't get into.
Yeah on the M$ website the windows update can be found very easily - there are many routes leading to it
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

lol... they couldnt even get the hardware to support their patch.
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

Why do you knock windows, is it because your all are use to the days of 95,98 and 98SE? My XP machine works beautifully, which I havn't updated since Febuary.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Most of us still work with PC's at work.. and usually that is XP. I have no idea what type of a user you are, but when you're at work and are doing something pretty intensive on your XP machine and it continually crashes, and you have to continually worry about virus's, spyware, adware, etc etc.. it gets to the point where you want to just throw it out the window and go buy a mac so you don't have to worry about those things anymore. Now someone who uses XP at home, like my father, and who is not a power user at all, it works for him and seldom ever crashes.. It depends on your use and your experience
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

Yeah, I totally agree with that. One of my friends is a doz dedicated and a power user and forces his and his family's machines to just work B**** and they do. But I prefer Mac, then Linux thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« More doz fun | Broadband ISP for Mac in UK »