New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

apple bottom of greenpeace list

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6525307.stm

insteresting reading.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

different article, but i think this had the same content.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Richie_Gecko

Richie_Gecko is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
different article, but i think this had the same content.
Personally, I think Apple should do more to improve their eco-friendliness.

You would think a company run by a hippie would do more to help the environment...

Mac: White MacBook; 2.0 Core Duo; 2GB RAM; 100GB 7200 RPM; 20" Cinema Display
PC: 64 x2 Dual Core 5200+, 2 GB RAM, 320GB 7200RPM SATA, GeForce 7600GT 128MB
Car: 2008 Toyota Prius w/ Lots of Goodies
On the Internets: Flickr | My Site
QUOTE Thanks
Cahill

Cahill is on a distinguished road

I wonder how microsoft would get on lol
QUOTE Thanks
slashjunior

slashjunior is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)

I do agree Apple should make much more effort to be eco-friendly. Imagine how much waste they must create with all of those iPods. This is the responsibility of the consumer as well as companies, but Apple needs to make more of an effort.
QUOTE Thanks
mikeyman

mikeyman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone

link

so much for this thenj

QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Yeah, the conspiracy theory is that Apple refused to donate to Greenpeace so Greenpeace decided to attack Apple.

Personally, I find myself more inclined to buy Apple products now. If Apple sinks a Greenpeace boat, I'll buy a Mac Pro. :ninja:
QUOTE Thanks
TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

According to the "Apple Inc." Wikipedia article, although Greenpeace hates Apple, the EPA says that it complies with all laws and is more eco-friendly than most of its competitors. I'm inclined to side with the EPA when it's between them and Greenpeace. Greenpeace members don't have as good hygiene as EPA members.

Also, has Greenpeace offered any suggestions on how Apple can be more eco-friendly other than taking PVC out of the MacBooks?

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
Yeah, the conspiracy theory is that Apple refused to donate to Greenpeace so Greenpeace decided to attack Apple.

Personally, I find myself more inclined to buy Apple products now. If Apple sinks a Greenpeace boat, I'll buy a Mac Pro. :ninja:
I don't believe in that theory. Greenpeace would a lot of what little support it has if it acted that way.

Also, you should promote attacking people who are just exercising their freedom of speech. That's very anti-American.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

It may be anti-American, but I'm all for sinking Greenpeace boats whenever possible....

Heck, I'd even be good with strafing the survivors...

QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

lol

I'm glad you're back, baggss.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
MBasile

MBasile has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook CoreDuo

I heard something about sinking greenpeace boats......
QUOTE Thanks
TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

I wouldn't be as against Greenpeace if they acted more professional. I've had two professors who are members of Greenpeace and they're both aging hippies. I don't like hippies, they'll smoke pot all day, but if you light up a cigarette to relax after work, you have to hear about it. I have much more respect for the EPA, and they have much more respect for Apple than Greenpeace does.

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Heck, I'd even be good with strafing the survivors...
Excellent.

And Customer, smoking really is bad for you ...
QUOTE Thanks
TheCustomer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
And Customer, smoking really is bad for you ...
Todd, I don't smoke a whole lot. I just have one or two when I relax on Friday nights with friends. They go really well with Guinness. The problem is that I have a hippie friend who likes to lecture me about how bad having one or two cigarettes a week is and he smokes pot every day.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« David Pogue on Vista | Vote! »