New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Fastest Production Car Ever

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zeroz52

zeroz52 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook C2D 2GHz 1GB Ram 80GB HD

Thought I'd share this with those who don't already know about it. This is a little 8 min clip of the Bugatti Veyron, arguably the most beautiful and powerful vehicle ever engineered.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...Bugatti+Veyron
QUOTE Thanks
Specialk51288

Specialk51288 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro | 2.33Ghz Core 2 Duo | 3 GB RAM | 160 GB HD

wow...that was incredible....

Life is a game, whoever has the most money at the end wins.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I think it's using the term "production car" a bit loosely, but simply amazing nontheless.
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

...you forgot to mention ugly and utterly useless.

Caterham 7 owns all.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HD

Fastest Production car award may be lost soon. Can't remember the name of the car, but there is one thats up and coming that goes faster.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.9
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6423241.stm

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of

That's proof that some people should not own fast cars.

QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.66GHz Core2Duo // 15" Macbook Pro2.53GHz Core2Duo

that car is beautiful. i wonder in craftmans ship. i would sell my sould for that machine

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
hclincha

hclincha is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 17", Intel Core Duo

Methinks a new Koenigsegg will beat the Veyron. Fitted with an ethanol engine it's reported to clock in at over 1000 hp.
QUOTE Thanks
hoodRICH

hoodRICH is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini core duo 1.83 Gz

what an amazing vehicle. apperenty, if you need repairs down, buggati sends a mechanic, any time of the day.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodRICH View Post
what an amazing vehicle. apperenty, if you need repairs down, buggati sends a mechanic, any time of the day.
That's good to know, because if I spent $1 mill on a car, I sure wouldn't let the guys at the corner garage touch it.

QUOTE Thanks
hoodRICH

hoodRICH is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini core duo 1.83 Gz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchR View Post
That's good to know, because if I spent $1 mill on a car, I sure wouldn't let the guys at the corner garage touch it.
the car is more then $1mill. the car is 840,000, and that converts to $1,920,467.71 CDN and $1,633,884.00 USD

so the car is almost $2mill. haha.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

In the US, its only $1.2mil

QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

That is one amazing machine.. That's what technological progress is all about.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

For those loving speed and racing history (and the technology), and proving that fast is all relative, check out a 1979 Car & Driver story by Patrick Bedard, who wrote about driving a 1914 Stutz Bearcat. This could never happen now — a 1915 Stutz costing $2,000 U.S. new recently sold for $368,500 (a Business Week page about Mercers, in which Jay Leno mentions early Bugattis).

In 1979, the guy who owned the Stutz since 1948 (he had put 25,654 miles on it) let Bedard drive the thing. Later on in the story, the owner is back behind the wheel, trying to beat a thunderstorm home. (In a 1951 test, the Stutz topped out at 75 or 80 mph.)

The page is immensely long, with Bedard's story toward the bottom. If you're interested, click on the link and do a search on the page for "McCahill wrote" (without the quotes), and you'll get to the top of the "test" drive.

The engine is a 390-cubic-inch four cylinder. It's right-hand drive, the accelerator pedal is between the brake and clutch pedals, first is where third is now and it has no synchros.
Quote:
It's turning so slowly I can count the power strokes - tucka, tucka, tucka, tucka. . . .
<snip>

Only the rear wheels have brakes, but each drum has two sets of shoes, one set activated by the foot pedal and the other by the lever. . . .

<snip>

You had to make compensations for a car's quirks back in 1914, but I doubt that you ever had to baby a Stutz. Even though it's past mandatory retirement age, this beauty gives me the feeling that I could point it toward California and be absolutely sure of getting there.
If I had a choice of winning the Bugatti in the video or the Stutz on that page, I'd take the Stutz.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quiet Around Here, baggss and Spring Break | My PowerBook is dead. »