New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New Gun Ban for 2007!

Thread Closed

MacJet

MacJet will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 1.83 Macbook, 1G Ram, 60G HD

This is bad news folks. Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) has introduced H.R. 1022. This law would permanently ban all of the Clinton guns plus millions more, including semi-auto shotguns.

For the story:
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...id=2668&issue=

Email your congressional representative today before this country is turned into Canada or Great Britian.

Link to your reps:
http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/
Screwball6986

Screwball6986 is on a distinguished road

thats outragous semi-auto shotguns lol, those are prime bird hunting guns, why would you ban them, plus banning has no effect on crime when are they going to see that. No LEGAL owner of an "Assault Rifle" has ever intentionally killed anyone with it, its always weapons that people have gotten through illegal means. My dad has a federal weapons permit so we have all sorts of guns, but we only use them for demonstration or shooting range type of things, they are mostly collectors items

1.5 ghz 15" Powerbook G4 10.4 Tiger
MacBook White 2.0Ghz C2D 1Gig 10.4 Tiger
MacMini 1.25Ghz G4 1GB 40GB
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

Well, Canada isn't in a bad situation and plus, they speak french in some regions, i know most americans would love that...

Anyway, i tried the link, it isn't working. Maybe this is the right one:

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=2668

[is pointless to click here]
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

Meh.

Not going to happen.

I'm all for it...but it won't happen.

As for the insult (?) to Great Britain and Canada, ask them what they think of America...

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJet View Post
Email your congressional representative today before this country is turned into Canada or Great Britian.
What's wrong with Canada and Great Britain?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.66GHz Core2Duo // 15" Macbook Pro2.53GHz Core2Duo

i think we should stop whats wrong with canada, whats wrong the america now. before it gets out of hand.

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman445 View Post
i think we should stop whats wrong with canada, whats wrong the america now. before it gets out of hand.
Thanks kman for that word of wisdom. :closed:

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Quote:
....this country is turned into Canada or Great Britian.
Not necessary, I don't remember insulting you about your Gun Laws plus it's not a way to start a "debate" or intellectual point or even political process by insulting the opposition.

Instead of turning this into a topic where people can talk about the Pro's and Cons of any judicial decision you've instead diverted in into insulting other races.

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

A country could truly have no greater friend than the friend Great Britain has been to the USA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwball6986 View Post
thats outragous semi-auto shotguns lol, those are prime bird hunting guns
The Second Amendment does not protect your right to "hunt"... It protects your right to protect yourself, your family, and your property from tyrannical government, giving you the means to remain free.
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG D 04 View Post
Not necessary, I don't remember insulting you about your Gun Laws plus it's not a way to start a "debate" or intellectual point or even political process by insulting the opposition.

Instead of turning this into a topic where people can talk about the Pro's and Cons of any judicial decision you've instead diverted in into insulting other races.
I agree.
MacJet

MacJet will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 1.83 Macbook, 1G Ram, 60G HD

I wasn't trying to insult Canada or the U.K. I'm sorry if it came across that way. Canada has recently registered and begun removing and prohibiting firearms from it's citizens. The U.K. hasn't been friendly in allowing it's citizens's to arm themselves in a long time.

Our founding fathers knew that the easiest way to enslave a nation was to disarm them. The ultimate "check and balance" to our governments power is the armed population. No greater example of "gun control" failure can be found than in Washington D.C. which has the highest murder rate in all of American. They also have a firearm prohibition in effect since the '70's. This restriction was recently deemed unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court.

I travel frequently to Canada and it is a great and beautiful country. It is a shame what their hunters have to put up with. No lawful citizen should be denied the right to arm themselves for protection.

This is America. We have been given great freedoms by our Constitution and our Bill of Rights. We have a duty as citizens to defend and protect our framework in whole.

How many of you actually know who YOUR Congressional representatives are?
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Quote:
How many of you actually know who YOUR Congressional representatives are?
Better yet, how many of you know what they have really been doing since they were elected?

Then the better question is why do you keep electing these same theiving perverts to positions of power year after year ?

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
No lawful citizen should be denied the right to arm themselves for protection.

This is America. We have been given great freedoms by our Constitution and our Bill of Rights.
Now, simply speaking as a Devil's Advocate...

This proposal will not deny anyone the "right to bear arms."
What it will do is limit the amount and kind of weapons labeled as "assault weapons" that are being made to the general public. It is in no way denying anyone the right to purchase a firearm.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Better yet, how many of you know what they have really been doing since they were elected?

Then the better question is why do you keep electing these same theiving perverts to positions of power year after year ?
I don't care who my Congressional Rep. is. Whoever I vote for is never elected anyway. Our current rep. Sam Brownback would probably be among my last choices though (Phil Kline being at the very bottom).

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

If the gun-ban bill passes, how would the vice-president be able to shoot anyone ever again?

Thread Closed

« Alright, so I decided to run a TRIATHLON. | Ideas For PC Gift For My Grandmother »