Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Specs:
    1.83 Macbook, 1G Ram, 60G HD
    New Gun Ban for 2007!
    This is bad news folks. Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) has introduced H.R. 1022. This law would permanently ban all of the Clinton guns plus millions more, including semi-auto shotguns.

For the story:
    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...id=2668&issue=

Email your congressional representative today before this country is turned into Canada or Great Britian.

Link to your reps:
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

thats outragous semi-auto shotguns lol, those are prime bird hunting guns, why would you ban them, plus banning has no effect on crime when are they going to see that. No LEGAL owner of an "Assault Rifle" has ever intentionally killed anyone with it, its always weapons that people have gotten through illegal means. My dad has a federal weapons permit so we have all sorts of guns, but we only use them for demonstration or shooting range type of things, they are mostly collectors items
    1.5 ghz 15" Powerbook G4 10.4 Tiger
    MacBook White 2.0Ghz C2D 1Gig 10.4 Tiger
    MacMini 1.25Ghz G4 1GB 40GB

Specs:
    MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
    Well, Canada isn't in a bad situation and plus, they speak french in some regions, i know most americans would love that...

Anyway, i tried the link, it isn't working. Maybe this is the right one:

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=2668
    [is pointless to click here]

Specs:
    15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs
    Meh.

Not going to happen.

I'm all for it...but it won't happen.

As for the insult (?) to Great Britain and Canada, ask them what they think of America...
    I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
    They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
    I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJet View Post
    Email your congressional representative today before this country is turned into Canada or Great Britian.
    What's wrong with Canada and Great Britain?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    27" 5k imac i7, 295x
    i think we should stop whats wrong with canada, whats wrong the america now. before it gets out of hand.
    "I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"

Specs:
    imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by kman445 View Post
    i think we should stop whats wrong with canada, whats wrong the america now. before it gets out of hand.
    Thanks kman for that word of wisdom. :closed:
    "We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown

Specs:
    20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
    ....this country is turned into Canada or Great Britian.
    Not necessary, I don't remember insulting you about your Gun Laws plus it's not a way to start a "debate" or intellectual point or even political process by insulting the opposition.

Instead of turning this into a topic where people can talk about the Pro's and Cons of any judicial decision you've instead diverted in into insulting other races.
    Damien Healy
    iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |

Specs:
    Mac's
    A country could truly have no greater friend than the friend Great Britain has been to the USA...

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball6986 View Post
    thats outragous semi-auto shotguns lol, those are prime bird hunting guns
    The Second Amendment does not protect your right to "hunt"... It protects your right to protect yourself, your family, and your property from tyrannical government, giving you the means to remain free.

MacHeadCase
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG D 04 View Post
    Not necessary, I don't remember insulting you about your Gun Laws plus it's not a way to start a "debate" or intellectual point or even political process by insulting the opposition.

Instead of turning this into a topic where people can talk about the Pro's and Cons of any judicial decision you've instead diverted in into insulting other races.
    I agree.

Specs:
    1.83 Macbook, 1G Ram, 60G HD
    I wasn't trying to insult Canada or the U.K. I'm sorry if it came across that way. Canada has recently registered and begun removing and prohibiting firearms from it's citizens. The U.K. hasn't been friendly in allowing it's citizens's to arm themselves in a long time.

Our founding fathers knew that the easiest way to enslave a nation was to disarm them. The ultimate "check and balance" to our governments power is the armed population. No greater example of "gun control" failure can be found than in Washington D.C. which has the highest murder rate in all of American. They also have a firearm prohibition in effect since the '70's. This restriction was recently deemed unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court.

I travel frequently to Canada and it is a great and beautiful country. It is a shame what their hunters have to put up with. No lawful citizen should be denied the right to arm themselves for protection.

This is America. We have been given great freedoms by our Constitution and our Bill of Rights. We have a duty as citizens to defend and protect our framework in whole.

How many of you actually know who YOUR Congressional representatives are?

Specs:
    Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"
    How many of you actually know who YOUR Congressional representatives are?
    Better yet, how many of you know what they have really been doing since they were elected?

Then the better question is why do you keep electing these same theiving perverts to positions of power year after year ?
    Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - Quad Core - 16 Gigs Ram - 10.11.2 - 30" Apple Monitor
    iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro

Specs:
    MacBook
    No lawful citizen should be denied the right to arm themselves for protection.

This is America. We have been given great freedoms by our Constitution and our Bill of Rights.
    Now, simply speaking as a Devil's Advocate...

This proposal will not deny anyone the "right to bear arms."
    What it will do is limit the amount and kind of weapons labeled as "assault weapons" that are being made to the general public. It is in no way denying anyone the right to purchase a firearm.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Better yet, how many of you know what they have really been doing since they were elected?

Then the better question is why do you keep electing these same theiving perverts to positions of power year after year ?
    I don't care who my Congressional Rep. is. Whoever I vote for is never elected anyway. Our current rep. Sam Brownback would probably be among my last choices though (Phil Kline being at the very bottom).
    Black MacBook
    Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
    B&W G3
    G4's - PowerMac & Cube

If the gun-ban bill passes, how would the vice-president be able to shoot anyone ever again?

Thread Information