New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Whats your occupation?? Where do you live??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MaDDoG

MaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D

Thought some of us would like to find out a bit more about each other so here goes.

This "Whats your occupation? and Where do you live??"

If you don't have an occupation currently don't be put off because no one will judge you. If it helps you can say what you have done before, or what you want/would like to do will count.

Also something about where you live would be nice.

Here goes.

Operations manager fitting in car video systems to Police cars here in Victoria Australia. Before that starting from when I left school....Police officer for 24 years, briefly sold real estate after my wife developed her 2nd bout of cancer, and as she became worse, home carer for her and our daughter. The chemotherapy she is on now, is better and she is not sick as often, so I am back in the work force.

I live in Werribee, a suburb of Melbourne Victoria Australia.
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

Werribee?!

Just kidding mate.

Lol at a former copper nicknamed Maddog. Lucky for me I'm a good boy.:black:

Sorry to hear about your wife. I know what it's like having that in the family. Good luck.

Okay I'm in Melbourne as well. We're in the southern tip of Australia (Pulse-8 can lay claim to being the furthest downunder). I live in East St. Kilda and I like it. It's in the bay area of our city. Lots of nice girls, bars, cafes, tourists, a nice long promenade and a beach, though admittedly not that good by Aussie standards.

At the moment I work 3 days a week at a University, just to pay the rent. The rest of the week is taken up with a multitude of creative endeavours. I'm lucky enough that I have some money from these things so I don't have to "work" fulltime. Looking forward to ditching the "rent-payer" for good in 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
SlickShoes

SlickShoes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 13.3"

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland and live in a flat with my fiancee and our dog right next to the beach. Sounds good but most of the year the beach is battered with winds and rain since it is in scotland!

I work as a Computing SUpport Officer for Edinburgh University, i spend two days a week on helpdesk answer calls and e-mails from people and the other 3 days i spend at the main hospital for the city in the research labs and main hospital area fixing a multitude of different things!
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

I live in Birmingham (S), UK and I am currently unemployed.

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
Teak

Teak is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17"

Well gang, I live and work in the deserts of Kuwait. I am an instructor working with Coalition Forces. Been here for a while and if was not for my MBP I would probably wander around the desert lost, talking to camels and collecting sand!
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

East St Kilda .... !! ::jealous::

I played at the POW a couple of times in the late 80's...fond memories.

I live in Hobart, the capital of Tasmania. We moved here from Sydney in 1990. I lived in Sydney for 20 yrs and before that lived in the city of my birth - Glasgow, for 10 yrs.

I worked for Aust Post ever since I left school in 1974 and had to leave due to injury, in 2000. I transferred from Sydney to Hobart so I came here with a job already which helps.

Hobart has changed so much since we first moved here. Sydney had 7 day trading and some stores even opened 24hrs a day. This was 1990 remember. Here in Hobart, when we first arrived, the shops in town closed at 1pm on Saturday and didn't open at all on Sunday. There were no McDonalds here and we were habitual McDonalds breakfast enjoyers so we missed out there too. So it was a bit of a shock to the system.

Nowadays, it's really a happening place (in Summer, at least) with restaraunts and alfresco dining almost on every corner. The old dock area has been transformed into a really interesting place to be and we host one of the best markets, Salamanca Markets, known throughout the world. There are also some really good shops - of course the Apple Store is the best. We are probably still 10 yrs behind Melbourne and Sydney but it's not so painful now compared to 15 yrs ago.

So, workwise I'm retired and fortunate enough to be able to survive out of the workforce. I never want for something to do, never get bored and get to use my iMac whenever I say.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Welcome to Mac-Forums Teak! Hope you stick around a while...
QUOTE Thanks
leecho7

leecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really niceleecho7 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram

I live and go to school in Towson Maryland. I actually live kinda border line Towson/Baltimore.
When I'm not at school, and goofin around, I work as a grease monkey at a local ma n pa garage. Pay's not bad, but during the winter it gets real cold, cause the garage isn't heated. And during the summer, after a long hot day of work, I am just completely drenched with sweat.
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

SlickShoes we get Winter in Melbourne as well, not as harsh as yours, but it's one of my favourite times to go to the beach. Got an Uncle who studied and played rugby at Edinburgh University, said it was one of the best times of his life.

Big D think of something you really enjoy doing and try to get a job in that field.

Teak that's a heck of a place and a heck of a job. Just had an image of you doing Lawrence of Arabia out in the desert.

Pulse-8 you know POW rocks bro.
QUOTE Thanks
SlickShoes

SlickShoes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 13.3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjay View Post
SlickShoes we get Winter in Melbourne as well, not as harsh as yours, but it's one of my favourite times to go to the beach. Got an Uncle who studied and played rugby at Edinburgh University, said it was one of the best times of his life.

Big D think of something you really enjoy doing and try to get a job in that field.

Teak that's a heck of a place and a heck of a job. Just had an image of you doing Lawrence of Arabia out in the desert.

Pulse-8 you know POW rocks bro.
I do enjoy the crashing waves and wind but when i have to walk the dog in whatever weather gets thrown at us for an hour a night its sometimes annoying! Saying that ever since ive moved here im much more relaxed every night i get the chance to look accross to the sea and out into the ocean and realise how small and insignificant my one life really is!
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

I like the sound of that, especially with your coastline. Morvern Callar is one of my favourite flicks and I love the Scottish scenes.
QUOTE Thanks
TheThirdMan

TheThirdMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz

Wow, some people here have really interesting jobs!

As you can see from my sig, im the Apple Campus rep for my uni, Brunel University in London, England. Im living in student halls atm, but im moving into a student house in a few months.
QUOTE Thanks
Screwball6986

Screwball6986 is on a distinguished road

I am a Pilot/Student at Indiana State University, I also fly cargo as well, and am a IT Analyst for the University.

1.5 ghz 15" Powerbook G4 10.4 Tiger
MacBook White 2.0Ghz C2D 1Gig 10.4 Tiger
MacMini 1.25Ghz G4 1GB 40GB
QUOTE Thanks
Teak

Teak is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17"

Thanks, been a long time stalker, first time poster. I like this place, no sand and it's air conditioned!
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

Graphic design for Jacuzzi.
Own a wedding videography company.
Freelance design on the side.

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« thank you to those who serve | I need a summer job! »