New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Cookie the betta fish!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Hey guys!! I went down to Petco today and got Cookie some new decorations for his house. Take a look! Anyone else have a betta fish?? I don't know much about them but I've been looking online. So far Twinky, my cat, has not gotten jealous She hasn't even noticed him!

QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

I never get jealous of my lunch, either.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Nice!
QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.66GHz Core2Duo // 15" Macbook Pro2.53GHz Core2Duo

i have a betta fish also, can't remember its name though (mental mind block, and its my moms). There so funny when you put a mirror in front of them. If you put 2 males in one bowl, apperently they fight to the death ( ihave never actually seem this, but it would be neat to see)

Edit: holy rapid reply!

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold

lol ToddG! Twinky doesn't eat real live fish.

Kman, I tried that! It's so funny, his cheek area got puffy

QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I'm waiting to get a fish til they are out of beta status.

oh sorry i couldn't help myself with a geeky computer forum related joke.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4 View Post

lol:dive:

QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.66GHz Core2Duo // 15" Macbook Pro2.53GHz Core2Duo

Quote:

haha, that was good,,, i had to read it twice to get it :p

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

I have a beta named bulbasaur, and he rocks.

by the way, dont feed him based upon the reccomendations on the food bottle. alteast i cant. it says like 7-8 pellets 2 to 3 times a day but the pet store told me like 2-3 pellets every 1-2 days is actually how much to feed them.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Quote:

That gave me a good laugh, haha.
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

haha, I don't think Cookie likes his plant. I just went to check on him and he was flaring up at the plant! His "cheeks" were all puffy..

QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

My wife & I have 3 beta's. Two males, one named Wilbur, and one named Speed Racer, and one female; Charlotte. In the tank with the female we have 3 peal danio's, and 1 striped danio. The pearl danio's are named Slim (the fat one), Chester (like the Cheeto's cheetah), and SpongeBob. Chester & SpongeBob are yellow... SpongeBog has exactly horizontal stripes on his belly fin, Chester has ones that are parallel to his body. We also have a zebra danio named stripes. In that tank we also have a Pimelodella Angelicus Catfish that is about 8" long.

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Nuke, do your betta males get along with the other fish?? I want to buy a betta female or some type of other fish to keep mine company but I'm afraid they won't get along.

QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

Actually the problem is the opposite - the danios were eating my male beta's tail... so the male is in a seperate bowl, as is the other male.

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
Say_Cheese

Say_Cheese has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz

Hi all, being a serious fish keeper such as I am I can whole heartedly recommend the follwing site if you want to find out more about how to keep your Betta's (and other fish) as best you can.

www.fishcrazy.co.uk

Regards

Cheese
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What Famous World Leader are you? | So it goes. »