New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Is anyone out there a Joost beta tester?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NolaWegs

NolaWegs will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone

I recently learned about the new Joost TV service, currently undergoing beta testing. After reading an article about it and visiting the website, I became extremely excited about the possibility that this service will able to provide. I mean, being able to watch any episode of any released television show whenever I want...without commercials!! What could be better? Anyways, I filled out the application to become a beta-tester, and it appears that there is an understandably long line. However, the site said that people who were already beta-testers had the ability to ask others to become beta-testers. So I was wondering if anyone out there was already a Joost beta tester and if they would be willing to sign up to be one as well. I know it's a long shot, but it would make my week if it were possible. Thanks for the help and have a wonderful and grateful day!
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

I'm not... But I can hardly wait for Joost to be released.
There was a great article about Joost in (I think) last months issue of WIRED News.
QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.66GHz Core2Duo // 15" Macbook Pro2.53GHz Core2Duo

that looks like it is only available for intel macs from what i read

cant wait. looks like its going to be sick,, i wonder if its going to be free.

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute

It will be free, at least that's the plan. The 2 guys that are putting it together are the same that put together Skype, and a few others.
QUOTE Thanks
NolaWegs

Yes it is going to be "free." I least for the users. The plan is to make it ad-supported. What I also find interesting is that they are NOT planning on using banner ads (mostly because they have the same click ratio as spam mail). They plan on making you watch the ads during the load times for the different shows you are watching. While I don't particularly like ads at all, I found this to be an interesting way to present them to consumer.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

It's going to be great!
QUOTE Thanks
NolaWegs

God no kidding! I love my DVR but this idea practically eliminates every problem and complaint I have about both my DVR and regular TV.
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

Anyone get joost yet? Just got my invite today its pretty sweet. Limited amount of content but cool layout and features.

QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Ive got it, its pretty cool except for me its had some slow download times. So most of the content has been choppy, but theres a lot of stuff to watch for a beta.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

What's Joost?

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

www.joost.com
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I sure am. I Beta test some software and often do it while Juiced....

Oh wait...you said Joost...I have no idea what that means...

QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice

i got it, its a little choppy, but thats okay, seems liek it is going to be great!

QUOTE Thanks
steven11

steven11 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD

hows about an invite
greaseboy[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

anyone,anyone,
QUOTE Thanks
kman445

its not like that, you have to get on a list at joost.com

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Michael Yon's Blog | What ever happened to moderates? »