New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

noob question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jigspanchal

jigspanchal is on a distinguished road

I was curious about how often does apple upgrade their hardware. Is the software upgrades always accompanied by hardware upgrades. I am looking to buy a MB(not pro). I was wondering if they would upgrade the MB's at the launch of Leopard. Ur thoughts will be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
spudd4242

spudd4242 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD

I have had my moms macbook for just about two months and it hastn updated once so i cant see it being a major problem
QUOTE Thanks
jigspanchal

So do you suggest me waiting for the Leopard release, since I don't wana buy something now just to find that they released new MB's in two months.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

this thread will contain 100% rumor and speculation about product releases. if you find the MB that you like at the specs that you like go ahead and buy it. if you feel like waiting 6 months to a year to purchase 'the newest product' go ahead and do that too if you feel like waiting for an undetermined amount of time.

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
bonafide

bonafide is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Not a mac user.. yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigspanchal View Post
So do you suggest me waiting for the Leopard release, since I don't wana buy something now just to find that they released new MB's in two months.
I am in the same position right now as well. I'm debating whether to wait for the Leopard release (apparently in the next coming months) or purchase now.

There is also speculation that the iMacs may also be seeing a hardware upgrade in the next little while too, so same prediciment.

My guy feeling is that I'm going to wait until at least Leopard is released before purchasing otherwise I'm going to be spending $100-$150 more dollars if I jump the gun.

- Bonafide
'...still a PC'
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
lets say you wait two months for the "new" mb.. what happens a few months after that when something new comes out.. you waited for nothing.. why wait? there will always be something down the road that is bigger and better.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
jigspanchal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoDorSean View Post
lets say you wait two months for the "new" mb.. what happens a few months after that when something new comes out.. you waited for nothing.. why wait? there will always be something down the road that is bigger and better.

I agree with what you're saying. But I just wanna know how often apple is known to upgrade their hardware. How high is the probability of a new MB release along with Leopard. Either way, I am goin to wait until Leopard. Save some cash to get some extra RAM.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Quote:
... But I just wanna know how often apple is known to upgrade their hardware...
Well then here you go:

Quote:
MacBook

The MacBook is Apple's consumer laptop; it was formerly known as the iBook.

Recent Releases

11/2006
5/2006
7/2005
10/2004
4/2004
10/2003
4/2003
11/2002

Product MacBook
Last Release November 08, 2006
Days Since Update 112 (Avg = 204)
QUOTE Thanks
jigspanchal

Awesome info bro...thnks
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

No problem... I'm glad it helped.
QUOTE Thanks
Bill_Gates

Bill_Gates has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

This can be a handy guide to look at.

Like stated before... this is all rumor and hearsay. I think it makes perfect sense to wait for Leopard if you are in no real rush for the new system and were planning on upgrading the OS regardless. Hardware is constantly changing and something better is always around the corner, but the current lineup of machines is extremely capable and should suit your needs into the future.

... Should I play devil's advocate and mention the possible 15.4 Macbook that has been rumored to release in the near future? *Maybe* that's worth an extra month of waiting....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Multiple Remote Desktop Windows? | coverflow on ipod is this real ? »