New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

What an incredible deal! (Sarcastic)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

Today, someone at my college tried to get me to buy his old laptop. He had a Compaq Presario 1245 with an AMD K6-2 processor, a whopping 32 MB of RAM, 3 gig Hard Drive, a floppy disc drive, and, if you can believe this, it had Windows 98 PRE-INSTALLED! And I could have it all for only $500. I mean, it was such an incredible deal that I was almost willing to ditch my MacBook completely for it.

I kinda felt like the judge in My Cousin Vinny because I wanted to ask, "Are you on drugs?"

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Show these to your friend. I would say $50 tops. 2-3 years ago that very machine was going for $150 on ebay but that was 2-3 years ago!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPAQ-PRESARIO-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Compaq-Presario-...QQcmdZViewItem
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Yeah some of those yoots today, I tell ya...

I really had a ball watching that movie. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Eekkk, those things are ugly :eek:

QUOTE Thanks
TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

If he was willing to sell it for maybe 59 cents, I'd definitely buy it. With how much I write, paper weights are a blessing.

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
dadsgravy

dadsgravy has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netty4mac View Post
Eekkk, those things are ugly :eek:
I was thinking the same thing. It's like when you see an ugly baby and have to be coy about it. Wow, what a handsome child...looks just like you!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Actually that was a decent machine for it's time. It's just a bit old and outdated. I like the looks of the older Thinkpads better than that Compaq, but it was an ok machine. Back then anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

buy it for a few bucks and convert it into an animated picture frame using the "my pictrues" screensaver.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Compaq stands for "Computer... on craq", apparently your friend is too
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

hey, just remembered. i've got a compaq ipaq mini-tower in cold storage - you can come and get for free.

it is soooooooooo ugly!

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
karudzo

karudzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM

I think it's a great deal- not much to pay for a daily reminder of how bad life could be.
QUOTE Thanks
cwindsor

cwindsor will become famous soon enough

I ran across a deal at Circuit City that haved a Dual core laptop, Gig a DDR2 and a 100 gig HD, 17' Display and a DVD burner for $699.99! So I would say he had a good price on that latop!
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

I've already got a door stop.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« support video | Is godaddy.com anygood? »