Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheeky Mac

Cheeky Mac
    I have a chuckle to myself everytime my Mac throws this dialog box at me ....

MacHeadCase
    Oh yeah that one! Like we have a choice of agreeing or not in the matter? Hah!

Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 7+, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    At least it says what it does :-) - cancel the installation.

Yesterday I tried putting Vista on my brother's computer, and it asked me for the activation code. It looked though like they'd had removed any obligations, so I clicked "I dont' wanna do that now" and it threw a dialog box at me saying "If you don't enter it, you MIGHT lose data and have to reinstall Windows". How informative is that. And why does Windows *think* I *might* lose data?

gawd. Anyway, finally it didn't let me upgrade the exisiting system because my bro's computer is English XP and I bought a German Vista. Great. I have to wipe the HD to install a different language. Kinda made me so mad that I went to my Macs Langauge prefs and set it to Italian, just to make a point.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

MacHeadCase
    AHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one yogi!

Specs:
    Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard
    Wow! Lose files. I saw something on TV about that. Windows Vista will apparently start deleting specific files as you get closer to the 30 day period that they give you to activate. It's not really 30 days, because close to the 30 days they start deleting things. I'm not sure if the things come back once you activate Windows. What a strange setup they've got going on. It's like they've written their own virus into the OS.

I agree with you Ernestine, that is a good one. <snort>

MacHeadCase
    It starts deleting files? OMG. What a horrible predatory business practice!

Man, am I ever so happy to be on a Mac...

Specs:
    iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
    This one makes me think: ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! I DID NOT KNOW THAT!!
    No iMac.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    At least it says what it does :-) - cancel the installation.

Yesterday I tried putting Vista on my brother's computer, and it asked me for the activation code. It looked though like they'd had removed any obligations, so I clicked "I dont' wanna do that now" and it threw a dialog box at me saying "If you don't enter it, you MIGHT lose data and have to reinstall Windows". How informative is that. And why does Windows *think* I *might* lose data?

gawd. Anyway, finally it didn't let me upgrade the exisiting system because my bro's computer is English XP and I bought a German Vista. Great. I have to wipe the HD to install a different language. Kinda made me so mad that I went to my Macs Langauge prefs and set it to Italian, just to make a point.
    Classic...nice goin' Bill.

I can't find it now because I never use Terminal, but isn't there some kind of funny warning Terminal gives you when you start messing around with stuff? Something along the lines of "If you don't know what you're doing, go away."

todd51
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Something along the lines of "If you don't know what you're doing, go away."
    Haha, that's hilarious. I can't get enough of that!

Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 7+, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    I think I know my future career... writing dialog boxes.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

...ok....so I'm gonna install that app....I'm at the EULA dialog box and I've read it (in a perfect world) ... and I'm lulled into a false sense of security that by clicking on 'Continue' I'm going to continue with the installation (also, in a perfect world) ... then, from some unexpected section of the dialog box appears the abovementioned message .... like ... "Where do ya think you're going buddy!"

Nowadays, I try to beat it by clicking on 'Continue' and repositioning my mouse cursor in the space I think the 'Agree' button is going to appear, so I can give that dialog a piece of my mind by clicking it into oblivion. So far I'm still trying...

Specs:
    Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
    I'd have to say that the most pointless warning message I've ever seen was not on a computer screen. It was on a bag of fishing hooks and it said "harmful if swallowed". Which was a shame because I had bought the hooks because I was hungry.
    "Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer

Bwahahahahahahahaha. ToddG rocks!

Thread Information