New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Cheeky Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

I have a chuckle to myself everytime my Mac throws this dialog box at me ....
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Oh yeah that one! Like we have a choice of agreeing or not in the matter? Hah!
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

At least it says what it does :-) - cancel the installation.

Yesterday I tried putting Vista on my brother's computer, and it asked me for the activation code. It looked though like they'd had removed any obligations, so I clicked "I dont' wanna do that now" and it threw a dialog box at me saying "If you don't enter it, you MIGHT lose data and have to reinstall Windows". How informative is that. And why does Windows *think* I *might* lose data?

gawd. Anyway, finally it didn't let me upgrade the exisiting system because my bro's computer is English XP and I bought a German Vista. Great. I have to wipe the HD to install a different language. Kinda made me so mad that I went to my Macs Langauge prefs and set it to Italian, just to make a point.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

AHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one yogi!
QUOTE Thanks
kevin270

kevin270 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard

Wow! Lose files. I saw something on TV about that. Windows Vista will apparently start deleting specific files as you get closer to the 30 day period that they give you to activate. It's not really 30 days, because close to the 30 days they start deleting things. I'm not sure if the things come back once you activate Windows. What a strange setup they've got going on. It's like they've written their own virus into the OS.

I agree with you Ernestine, that is a good one. <snort>
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

It starts deleting files? OMG. What a horrible predatory business practice!

Man, am I ever so happy to be on a Mac...
QUOTE Thanks
UserofMacOSX

UserofMacOSX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"

This one makes me think: ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! I DID NOT KNOW THAT!!

No iMac.
QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi View Post
At least it says what it does :-) - cancel the installation.

Yesterday I tried putting Vista on my brother's computer, and it asked me for the activation code. It looked though like they'd had removed any obligations, so I clicked "I dont' wanna do that now" and it threw a dialog box at me saying "If you don't enter it, you MIGHT lose data and have to reinstall Windows". How informative is that. And why does Windows *think* I *might* lose data?

gawd. Anyway, finally it didn't let me upgrade the exisiting system because my bro's computer is English XP and I bought a German Vista. Great. I have to wipe the HD to install a different language. Kinda made me so mad that I went to my Macs Langauge prefs and set it to Italian, just to make a point.
Classic...nice goin' Bill.
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

I can't find it now because I never use Terminal, but isn't there some kind of funny warning Terminal gives you when you start messing around with stuff? Something along the lines of "If you don't know what you're doing, go away."
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
Something along the lines of "If you don't know what you're doing, go away."
Haha, that's hilarious. I can't get enough of that!
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

I think I know my future career... writing dialog boxes.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

...ok....so I'm gonna install that app....I'm at the EULA dialog box and I've read it (in a perfect world) ... and I'm lulled into a false sense of security that by clicking on 'Continue' I'm going to continue with the installation (also, in a perfect world) ... then, from some unexpected section of the dialog box appears the abovementioned message .... like ... "Where do ya think you're going buddy!"

Nowadays, I try to beat it by clicking on 'Continue' and repositioning my mouse cursor in the space I think the 'Agree' button is going to appear, so I can give that dialog a piece of my mind by clicking it into oblivion. So far I'm still trying...
QUOTE Thanks
TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

I'd have to say that the most pointless warning message I've ever seen was not on a computer screen. It was on a bag of fishing hooks and it said "harmful if swallowed". Which was a shame because I had bought the hooks because I was hungry.

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

My favorite:

QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

Bwahahahahahahahaha. ToddG rocks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OMG a new iPod model!!!!! | 2007: Year of the Mac.. »