New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

What are you reading right now?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mort_Infinatis

Mort_Infinatis is on a distinguished road

A wise man once said you can never have to many threads about books. So what are you reading right now? Currently I am not reading anything except for the computer screen. :p

So what are you reading?
QUOTE Thanks
iSebastianGrey

iSebastianGrey has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.

I'm in the process of re-reading 'Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim' by David Sedaris. It's pretty funny, a bit off-beat, but that's how I like my humor.

Everything popular is wrong.

~Oscar Wilde
QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

I'm reading the book of Acts, Chapter 9.

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I just finished Antigone and I am almost done with Othello. I hope the next thing I have to read is somewhat more interesting.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

I just finished reading "Fermat's Last Theorem" and my next read will be When Nietzsche Wept
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

PhotoShop CS2 for Windows and Mac

I'm gettin' my learn on!

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
Scroatdog

Scroatdog will become famous soon enough

Managerial Economics, 5th Edition

1) Powerbook G4 12" 1.5 GHz, iWork, Ilife 06, Logic Pro, Office 2K4
2) A PC with a bunch of stuff in it.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroatdog View Post
Managerial Economics, 5th Edition
That's gotta be rough...

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Mac OS X Tiger Edition The Missing Manual. Also, "Houses That Change The World"
I'm a reader so I keep at least 2 going all the time...when I'm not on the computer.
QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

Criminal Investigation 9th ed. by Swanson et al. Studying at 3:25am? Sigh
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 2.93C2D 4GB

Currently "Only Revolutions" by Mark Z. Danielewski and "Thus Spake Zarathustra" by Friedrich Nietzsche. Both pretty hard going to be honest but rewarding all the same, just wish I'd chosen one "heavy" and one "light" but never mind. Only Revolutions is crazy, very hard to describe but if you've read House of Leaves (If not then I recommend, not for everyone but I really liked it) you'll understand how much Danielewski likes to play with style and structure - in OR you actually have 2 books telling the same story in different time-scales from the perspective of either Sam or Hailey and read 8 pages each, alternating between the 2. And it's all written in prose. Fun!

In the queue at the minute are:
The Bell Jar, Dice man, Lolita, and various Nietzsche starting with "the Antichrist". I also want to re-read "House of Leaves".
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSebastianGrey View Post
I'm in the process of re-reading 'Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim' by David Sedaris. It's pretty funny, a bit off-beat, but that's how I like my humor.

Sebastian. seriously. if you ever need a place to stay in minnesota, you've got an open invitation.

i used to read a lot in high school and college, and it's gone so way down hill from there. i've got a few things started for months now that i need to get back into:

"the culture of fear: why americans are afraid of the wrong things" by barry glassner

"the lucifer principle: a scientific expedition into the forces of history" by howard k. bloom

"the curious incident of the dog in the night-time" by mark haddon

"talk to the hand: the utter bloody rudeness of the world today, or six good reasons to stay home and bolt the door" by lynne truss (of eats, shoots & leaves fame)

and many issues of sierra club magazine, car and driver, paste, and wired.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

I have my school finals in 8 weeks. For that, we have to read 10 books in german, 4 english and 4 french.

Here's a pick from my list:

Goethe - Werther
Horvath - Jugend ohne Gott
Frisch - Homo Faber
Hohler - Die Karawane am Boden des Milchkruges
Gaarder - Das Kartengeheimnis

Sartre - Huis Clos
Molière - Le Misanthrope

Oscar Wilde - Picture of Dorian Gray
Steinbeck - Of Mice and Men
Poe - Selected Tales

I have to (re)read all of them by the end of May.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

But then Yogi, in that personality test you came out as a Genius didn't you...so what else would we expect you to read.....
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

if he was really a genius, he wouldn't have to read all that.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is she still talking? | Big Bang Theory »