New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Cheap macs?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

explosionsteve

explosionsteve is on a distinguished road

Alright, I am going to buy a macbook. I found this website that had ridiculous prices on them. Here is the site : http://www.electronics-discounted-st...31&categorie=2
It looks like they are legit. Has anyone used them or have any idea if it is a scam. I mean, I normally go with the idea if it is too good to be true it probably is but I want this to be legit real bad. Lemme know your thoughts and advice! Thanks in advance.

Steve
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosionsteve View Post
Alright, I am going to buy a macbook. I found this website that had ridiculous prices on them. Here is the site : http://www.electronics-discounted-st...31&categorie=2
It looks like they are legit. Has anyone used them or have any idea if it is a scam. I mean, I normally go with the idea if it is too good to be true it probably is but I want this to be legit real bad. Lemme know your thoughts and advice! Thanks in advance.

Steve
Anytime a person or company says:

Quote:
A - We only accept payments by MoneyGram. We do not accept credit cards because recently we had many frauds with this type of payment. Therefore we can no longer accept payment by credit cards for now.
Company FAQ

I consider it an absolute SCAM!!!

BEWARE!

You really can't find legitimate "Highly" Discounted deals on New current line Apple products... Apple has what is referred to as M.A.P (Minimum Advertised Pricing)...

That being said you CAN find some deals out there... Amazon, etc... some places may throw in a warranty, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

I'm with RIDE. That website isn't secure. I just tried a little trick that my brother told me about to see if the site is secure. Needless to say, it didn't pass the test. That price is too good to be true. I don't think it is.

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
Scroatdog

Scroatdog will become famous soon enough

Spam.

1) Powerbook G4 12" 1.5 GHz, iWork, Ilife 06, Logic Pro, Office 2K4
2) A PC with a bunch of stuff in it.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

I don't know if this post is spam, but that site is a scam. It would proably be better if it was removed so nobody tries to buy a MBP from there.

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
iSebastianGrey

iSebastianGrey has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.

That appears to be a fairly stripped down MBP anyway. The whole enterprise looks fairly sketchy to me, but what do I know?

Everything popular is wrong.

~Oscar Wilde
QUOTE Thanks
DVaris223

DVaris223 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, iPhone

They can't even properly type out their FAQ. They have to be scammers.

QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 2.93C2D 4GB

Hey Jeff, Fancy sharing the "trick" your brother taught you?

Also, on their main page what is that laptop that appears to have a scroll wheel instead of a trackpad?
QUOTE Thanks
mikeyman

mikeyman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone

looks lyk a scam at that price
i would get a refurbished one rather than take the risk
but its your money

QUOTE Thanks
CarlConti08

CarlConti08 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD

This is definately spam. The poster has only had 1 post and joined the forums the day of the post. This is probably the person who set up the site and wanted all of your in put to see how he could improve it. This is just my thoughts on the subject. Maybe this isn't spam. In which case, I'm horribly, horribly wrong. In that case, heres a pre-sorry ExplosionSteve.

Sorry

QUOTE Thanks
Scroatdog

Scroatdog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlConti08 View Post
This is definately spam. The poster has only had 1 post and joined the forums the day of the post. This is probably the person who set up the site and wanted all of your in put to see how he could improve it. This is just my thoughts on the subject. Maybe this isn't spam. In which case, I'm horribly, horribly wrong. In that case, heres a pre-sorry ExplosionSteve.

Sorry
THANK you.

1) Powerbook G4 12" 1.5 GHz, iWork, Ilife 06, Logic Pro, Office 2K4
2) A PC with a bunch of stuff in it.
QUOTE Thanks
mikeyman

mikeyman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone

Quote:

Sorry

I didnt actually think of that lol
but the site was created in 2006 so wouldnt it have been taken down if it was fake

Quote:
I'm with RIDE. That website isn't secure. I just tried a little trick that my brother told me about to see if the site is secure. Needless to say, it didn't pass the test. That price is too good to be true. I don't think it is.
Quote:
Hey Jeff, Fancy sharing the "trick" your brother taught you?
I wouldnt mind knowing this trick myself

QUOTE Thanks
CarlConti08

CarlConti08 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
I didnt actually think of that lol
but the site was created in 2006 so wouldnt it have been taken down if it was fake
Why do you say that? It's Febuary 9th. Were only 5 weeks into 2007. For all we know it was made December 30th. Just cause its not brand new doesn't mean its not fake. Also, I called their number. #1, it sounded like my call was connected. #2, the answering machine just said to leave a message. I'm 100% positive that if you called any legit company after hours, their massage machine would state at least their company's name if not also the time when you can talk with a representative.

ABSOLUTELY A SCAM!

QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlConti08 View Post
Why do you say that? It's Febuary 9th. Were only 5 weeks into 2007. For all we know it was made December 30th. Just cause its not brand new doesn't mean its not fake. Also, I called their number. #1, it sounded like my call was connected. #2, the answering machine just said to leave a message. I'm 100% positive that if you called any legit company after hours, their massage machine would state at least their company's name if not also the time when you can talk with a representative.

ABSOLUTELY SPAM!
It is not spam, its a scam. Spam refers the the original poster braking the rules of the forums in posting an advertisement. A scam is what that site is, a way to get money from somebody with out giving them a product in return.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Things you Dislike... | Toshiba Qosmio »