New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Guardian Mac article

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MartinS

MartinS is a jewel in the roughMartinS is a jewel in the rough

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...006031,00.html

Funny. Is like one of those Doris Day and Dean Martin films where they hate each other then fall in love. Six months from now he'll be using a Mac and wondering what he could've done with all the time he wasted learning how his computer works when he could've just been using the thing.

www.martinsketchley.co.uk

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

Quote:
I hate Macs. I have always hated Macs. I hate people who use Macs. I even hate people who don't use Macs but sometimes wish they did. Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centres for adults; computers for scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for people who earnestly believe in feng shui.
I say small mind at work there!

However I did enjoy the article all the same.
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 2.93C2D 4GB

Poor little man, this really isn't something he should be getting so upset about.
QUOTE Thanks
MC Hammer

MC Hammer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600

Bet he's just trolling for fun to see what kind of laughable hatemail he'll receive from the hardcore Mac fanboys

Syntax Error.
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Quote:
When I sit down to use a Mac, the first thing I think is, "I hate Macs", and then I think, "Why has this rubbish aspirational ornament only got one mouse button?"
Obviously last used a Mac 10 years ago.

Ignoranous
QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.66GHz Core2Duo // 15" Macbook Pro2.53GHz Core2Duo

Quote:
"Why has this rubbish aspirational ornament only got one mouse button?"
wow. he is an idiot for thinking macs still only have one mouse button. Macs have had two buttons for a wile now.

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

haha, I love when people go on a rant like that. Complaining about a single button mouse? Well, he hasn't used OSX much then (if at all) and probably hadn't used the mighty mouse either.

People like that are just too narrow minded to be told otherwise. Personally, I don't try to convince them otherwise - I'd rather have people like that stumble along in the stone age Same with iPod haters - they know the apple product is superior (though there are some pretty darn amazing other mp3 players out there ) but pride prevents them from being adventurous.

I suppose it's better that the guy doesn't use macs, and only complains a little, than gives it a go and complains a lot more because it doesn't do things the same way windows does.

QUOTE Thanks
iSebastianGrey

iSebastianGrey has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.

Agreed. I think it's just trolling for hate-mail. Some of the responses are pretty funny. Just seems odd to be so vitriolic over a computer preference.

Everything popular is wrong.

~Oscar Wilde
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Charlie Brooker is an excellent writer... agree or disagree, it's well written, funny, to the point and even thogh I am a Mac user and admirer, I can see some truth in what he has to say.

Shame the Guardian Readers' sense of humour is, again, sadly lacking.

BTW, if you're unfamiliar with the actors or the show he references, you won't get the point of the article. In the US, people are far less cynical than in the UK and Mac does come across as 'Cool'. In the UK, Mac comes across as a self aggrandising and arrogant (US virtues... but not European ones).

Very interesting...

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
MrJoshua

MrJoshua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo

I agree in a way about the mouse button thing...

I have a Mighty Mouse which is great (when the right button works), but why oh why do they only put one button on the Macbooks? (yeah, I do use the two-finger tap, but still...).

Cheers

Josh (UK)
Fairly Recent Switcher
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
I agree in a way about the mouse button thing...

I have a Mighty Mouse which is great (when the right button works), but why oh why do they only put one button on the Macbooks? (yeah, I do use the two-finger tap, but still...).
Any old USB mouse will still work though, so it's no big issue. Whenever I wanted to play games that needed a 2 button mouse, I'd just 'borrow' my brother's old PC mouse.

Alternatively, I have my graphics tablet, which is much faster than a mouse anyway, and has buttons for double click and right click as well.

QUOTE Thanks
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

I work in a house for psychiatric patients, they love to do that, they insult you without knowing what they are talking about just to get your attention. I wonder if he forgot to take his meds...

[is pointless to click here]
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Vista not playing nice with iTunes... | Just ordered a MacBook! »