New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Why we love macs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bokeym

bokeym is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; Radeon 9200; 40 GB HDD

I read this and and just made me laugh! :headphone Enjoy!

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...g/16555680.htm
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

good find.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.66GHz Core2Duo // 15" Macbook Pro2.53GHz Core2Duo

great find and a great read

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
plusfortyfour

plusfortyfour is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD

That was a great article.

I have read a bit about Vista...since I would need new PC to run it and a lot of it sounds like it was "inspired" by OS X. Especially Gadgets...the word is even a rip off Widgets....lol..
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

To be fair, OS X isn't all that original itself...
Quote:
Apple and IBM also adopted the object oriented user interfaces pioneered by NeXT in Mac OS and OS/2 Warp. The two companies ultimately combined their efforts to create OpenDoc, a cross-platform object oriented framework, which enjoyed some success with the Cyberdog web browser and ClarisWorks.
WebObjects never became very popular because of its initial high price of $50,000, but it also had an impact disproportionate to its popularity. Websites including Dell's online store, Disney, BBC News and the iTunes Store adopted the software to create dynamic webpages. Though WebObjects was not the first, it heralded the advent of popular dynamic websites and is now bundled with Mac OS X Server.
NeXT's most notable impact on personal computer users came in the form of Mac OS X. Apple estimated that 10 million Mac users have moved to the OPENSTEP-based Mac OS X since by 2004. Mac OS X retains many of the user interface and technical elements of NeXTStep, including the Dock, object oriented file browser, the XNU microkernel and relative processor independence.
NeXT on Wikipedia

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Didn't Microsoft also have first dibs to the ideas for USB and the new HFS disc format that intel macs use?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Hierarchical File System is nothing new. And it was developed by Apple.
Wiki linki

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Sorry, I meant Intel Macs’ EFI GUID Partition Table.
QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

Great read.

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Snipe program for Mac | .rar files? »