New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

~~If you have a career, or if you have a job, please read this~~

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rogueace

rogueace is on a distinguished road

Thank you for visiting this thread. For school, I have to interview 3 different people from 3 different age groups about their career and about their workplace. If you are 22-25 years old, 40-45 years old or 65+ years old, then I would greatly appreciate your help and time. Below are questions for each age group, and if you would like to help, just give me a short response with the correct number by it (doesn't have to be formal because i will be filing this in by hand). Thank you for your time and I greatly appreciate it.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9381/page1uc8.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4083/page2ho0.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5669/page3od6.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1614/page4wx4.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2135/page5el0.jpg
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

This needs a resize Xs eleventy billion. Sorry
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Whoa, that's huge! Or is it just my screen?

QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netty4mac View Post
Whoa, that's huge! Or is it just my screen?
nope, it's huge. :bomb:

edit: Thanks D3v1L80Y
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

All better now. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Uhm I think we have been overtaken by aliens implanting the Huge image File virus.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Thank you DB! My monitor fell off the desk trying to follow those images. :^P
QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

1.U.S. Navy

2. 4 years.

3. Machinist's Mate 2nd Class (Mechanic, floor-level manager)

4. Operation and maintenance of steam plant equipment.

5. 300,000+

6. My supervisor's supervisor.

7. Informal and formal inspections of work done.

8. Inside (on a ship)

9. Some, I have 20+ people that work for me

10. Poor to average, depending on who the supervisor and individual is

11. Full medical, dental, 30 days paid vacation, retirement after 20 years

12. 2 years job-specific training including steam plant mechanics and nuclear theory

13. 8 out of 120 in my division.

14. Less than 20 out of 120.

15. Government

16. None.

17. None.

18. We can't call people "fags" anymore, someone attempted suicide because he was teased about being gay.

19. ?

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
rogueace

Sorry about posting HUGE images. But if you think those are huge, you should see what they looked like before I used Automator to resize them. And to Nukemm, thank you for helping
QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

No problem.

And to the "fags" comment, I'm not joking or being belittling or insulting or anything, it was put out by our Commanding Officer that it is unacceptable to harass people about their sexual orientation. (in response to the negative rep points)

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
rogueace

Could anyone else help?
QUOTE Thanks
rogueace

Anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
rcltrh

rcltrh will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB

Age 41 - Interview #2
It appears the assignment is for me to talk about the first career I had when I first entered the workforce, rather than my current career, right? If so here goes.

1. High School English Teacher
2. 10 years
3. Taught 9-12 English and drama
4. Taught 6 sections of high school English in a small school district
5. 55 employees
6. Daily, I made the decisions on what to teach and how to teach it, although the principal and board really determined the teaching duties and such.
7. Principal occasionally dropped by the room (2-3 times per year)
8. Inside
9. Quite a bit of individual freedom within the job as long as I was there and teaching kids, little or no freedom to vary the workday schedule itself.
10. Close relationship. Everyone got along and worked as a team really well.
11. Health and life insurance, sick days, personal days, 3 month summer vacation, Spring and Christmas breaks, snow days, 8 hour workdays.
12. Bachelors degree, formal licensure testing, internship (student teaching)
13. 3/4
14. In my school, there were only 2 out of 55 who were not white
15. Local/state government (public education)
16. We do more and more intensive drills (fire, tornado, terrorism, etc), we now have latex gloves and face shields in case kids get cut or sick, we do more locking of doors and more close monitoring of who is in the halls since 9/11, we have more strict driving on campus regulations and monitor them more closely, kids have assigned seats on busses now, janitors wear gloves and coveralls when cleaning restrooms
17. Teachers have much more acccoutability with all the new student testing that is done (before it really didn't much matter how or what you taught as long as you were doing something in your area when someone dropped in). Teachers now are subject to drug and alcohol testing. Teachers cannot bring tobacco on campus (the teachers lounge used to be a smoky gas chamber that you couldn't even see through). Teachers have to take more tests and do mentoring before they cen become licensed now.
18. Our policy manuals now address things such as sexual identity, bullying, harassment, etc on these grounds between administrators:teachers, teachers: administrators, teachers:teachers, students:students, teachers:students, and students:teachers. Much more attention is paid to race and religion discrimination laws than when I first started - my school used to not hire people if they were were not some kind of Christian religion. This was an unwritten policy, but a very real one. I was asked about my own religion when I was being interviewed years ago.
19. In the United States, the world of work has become more technology based in every career that I have worked in, which has made manual labor much less physically demanding than in years past. Even farm laborers have technological tools to assist them with their jobs (including air conditioned tractors). We currently stress technology education in every subject area in school so that students will be ready for the workforce. Whether they are keying in orders at McDonalds, becoming a business manager, or preparing to work the next automated hog farm, they must be technology literate. This is something that was not even stressed when I first started teaching in 1993.
QUOTE Thanks
rogueace

rcltrh, thank you very much for your long informative post - that will help out a great deal, thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
rogueace

I still need one more interview if anyone is interested. Anyone here 65 or older? I would really appreciate it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« web browsers | Mac-Forums Userbar »