Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
    Can someone please tell me...
    Why when Im searching for a mac on ebay...a macbook to be specific I keep coming up with like 14 pages of the same auction? Can someone check that, maybe Im just crazy, but its the same auction for a macbook pro located in San Jose and its really annoying cause its gotta be a scam.

Specs:
    1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by motoo344 View Post
    Why when Im searching for a mac on ebay...a macbook to be specific I keep coming up with like 14 pages of the same auction? Can someone check that, maybe Im just crazy, but its the same auction for a macbook pro located in San Jose and its really annoying cause its gotta be a scam.

i dont know, but its not just you, I am getting it also... my best advice would be to not bid on that

I really wouldn't buy a Mac from eBay unless I knew next to everything there was to know about the specific Mac.

I just would'nt trust the condition regardless of what the seller describes. I know there are good buys out there but it's just my opinion.

Specs:
    True, I understand. Ebay has been going down hill, I didnt have problems with it for 2 or 3 years and this past year Ive been dealing with a lot of stupid crap and scammers.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse-8 View Post
    I really wouldn't buy a Mac from eBay unless I knew next to everything there was to know about the specific Mac.

I just would'nt trust the condition regardless of what the seller describes. I know there are good buys out there but it's just my opinion.
    I agree. I would only go to eBay for a Mac that is two years old or more. You should be extremely suspicious of anyone selling a newer model Mac on eBay as the vast majority of those are scams.
    Sure, there are some legit ones but they are too few and far between.

If you are looking for a newer Mac and want to save some money, then I would suggest looking at the refurbed section on Apple's site.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    27" 5k imac i7, 295x
    or buying from someone local, who you can actualy meet up with. that way you know how it works befroe you buy.

Try before you buy
    "I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"

Specs:
    Ya, I just found the refurb part of the apple store! Ive just been looking for ways to save a little cash, being a poor college student and all. I know theres the student discount, but after tax half of thats gone, but o well. Ill find somehting eventually...you get what you pay for.

Specs:
    Ya, kman. Ive been debating whether to buy my friends g5 for a while. I posted about it in the switcher section. 1.6ghz, 330gig hd space, 1 gig ram, keyboard/mouse, wireless card.

Thread Information