New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

I quieted a mac hater

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

u76200 is correct.

Why the hell is this such a big deal? It's rediculous how Mac users react to "I hate Macs, Macs suck." comments from PC users. Respect others opinions.
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Totally agree with 'u76200' and 'Absolute Zero'
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

The thing about it is after the ooos and ahhhhs over 3.1 and huge expectations of 95 what became the disaster of 95 - ME is partly to blame on a very poor foundation. The registry. The behemoth that longhorn must become to protect it is just rediculous. And to claim that there are so many business situations that give no choice is equally absurd. What moron exec is gonna refuse to read a report because it was written and printed from Appleworks? Refuse a financial report that was made from Apple software? My Mac does everything I did in doz. And my pc that was my doz box is now a Red Hat Linux box that can do all of it as well. It's not a fanatic thing, it's a recognition of a crappy os, plain and simple
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Immaturity at its finest. Seriously... wtf...
Its just an operating system. Sure, ME was a joke. 95 was great for its time, nice and small, and was perfect for gaming. But that was back in '96, this is 2004.
I use XP and 2000 at school and sometimes emulate 2000 at home on my Mac. I used 98 and 95 and 3.1 at my mom's work.There very good OSes. (Except for 95, 98, and 3.1, but that was years ago when it was the best thing ever.)
Stop acting like the OS wars are a matter of life and death and grow up. This goes for the WHOLE Apple community.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

I never said anything about life and death, did I? Is that what I was on about? No... Just how much wormapalooza and patch-o-matic crap does it take to show that it's sub standard? Do all those people in the Linux forums work that hard to avoid doz for nothing? I feel bad that they don't seem to like or be able to move to Mac. But honestly. Sure it's just another OS and great for gaming, but having totally unstable unusable sleep mode and up time never more then a few hours and constant chase for patches and virus/adware/spyware hunter-killer apps? Read the clues! But that's just what I think Seriously, read the article I posted in the Pit :rolleyes:
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark
I never said anything about life and death, did I? Is that what I was on about? No... Just how much wormapalooza and patch-o-matic crap does it take to show that it's sub standard? Do all those people in the Linux forums work that hard to avoid doz for nothing? I feel bad that they don't seem to like or be able to move to Mac. But honestly. Sure it's just another OS and great for gaming, but having totally unstable unusable sleep mode and up time never more then a few hours and constant chase for patches and virus/adware/spyware hunter-killer apps? Read the clues! But that's just what I think Seriously, read the article I posted in the Pit :rolleyes:
I know better not to read fanboy topics.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

The article isn't by me - it's one I found
QUOTE Thanks
Zer0 Tolerance

I converted from pc to mac (convinced by my friend) but these days I'm regretting it...cause I have so many problems...maybe some of y'all can quiet me by helping me out lol....here's a list of problems I got:

-Can't "save for web" or .gif in photoshop
-Can't play hi fi/low fi from sounclick pages in my itunes (I used to be able to)
-Can't play a bunch of movie clips I find on the net...
-Can't right clik to check properties of an image like the dimensions or link
-Don't know a good program for vocal recording like Cool Edit for my pc
...I'm sure there's other things I'm not thinking of right now...

btw how do I screenshot? (I know I suck lol)
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Tolerance
I converted from pc to mac (convinced by my friend) but these days I'm regretting it...cause I have so many problems...maybe some of y'all can quiet me by helping me out lol....here's a list of problems I got:

-Can't play hi fi/low fi from sounclick pages in my itunes (I used to be able to)

right click is replaced by command C from the keyboard, or by control + mouse click for some image types
btw how do I screenshot?

Open Grab (located in Applications/Utilities) and choose a command from the Capture menu.
Selection takes a picture of a part of the screen that you select.
Window takes a picture of a window you select.
Screen takes a picture of the entire screen.
Timed Screen lets you start a timer and activate part of the screen (such as a menu), and then takes a picture of the screen.
Follow the onscreen instructions
After more practice I'm sure you will love it and don't forget about leaving the ongoing wormapalooza!
QUOTE Thanks
Zer0 Tolerance

thanks man
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
I know better not to read fanboy topics.
hey man, I just told a story that relates to alot of people who use both macs and pc's...this is how I use to act...and I was just telling a story about how this guy was exaclty like I use to be...ignorant (not really knowing anything about the other side). I'm not here to say: "Hail to the Mac Gods." I'm just telling a story that applies to my life in one way or another...and to many others....and I never said I hated pcs or anything like that..just said I like my mac better...it gives me less problems...maybe that doesn't apply for you..but it does for me..

your fanboy crap is starting to get anoying....your the same on the other end....lets just be freinds..and stop being negative....and not be an asses....who cares if people have post like these..and get excited...a lot of people feel differently than you do..and that's their thing...and there is no reason for you to say anything..you don't like it...don't post or read it...if you could just cope, you could maybe have some decent comments on the subject, rather than just making other people feel like idiots.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Tolerance

yes you can.

use VLC (search www.versiontracker.com)

use VLC (search www.versiontracker.com)

yeah we dont have properties, we have get info. but online images.. just save them to disk by right clicking or control clikcin

look for Sound studio (search www.versiontracker.com)

btw how do I screenshot? (I know I suck lol)

shift+open apple (next to space bar) + 3 or 4 depending on the function u want.
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

Zero Tolerance - If you're talking about properties of images on websites, right click and choose 'open in new window/tab' and that'll tell you the dimensions. If you're talking about the in Finder, if you go View > View Options and select 'show item info' most image dimensions will show up if you're viewing folders as icons. Also use get info (apple-i) or the inspector (apple-option-i) and click on a file to get it's size and other information.

The rest of you, calm down.

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMoney
hey man, I just told a story that relates to alot of people who use both macs and pc's...this is how I use to act...and I was just telling a story about how this guy was exaclty like I use to be...ignorant (not really knowing anything about the other side). I'm not here to say: "Hail to the Mac Gods." I'm just telling a story that applies to my life in one way or another...and to many others....and I never said I hated pcs or anything like that..just said I like my mac better...it gives me less problems...maybe that doesn't apply for you..but it does for me..
Yeah, it certainly doesn't apply to me. I just had to take my book back to the store to get a new hard drive... second time this month. Horray.

Quote:
your fanboy crap is starting to get anoying....
And so is yours.
Quote:
your the same on the other end....lets just be freinds..and stop being negative....and not be an asses....
Sorry, I'm not so optimistic.
Quote:
who cares if people have post like these..and get excited...a lot of people feel differently than you do..and that's their thing...and there is no reason for you to say anything..you don't like it...don't post or read it...if you could just cope, you could maybe have some decent comments on the subject, rather than just making other people feel like idiots.
...dotdotdot.......dot... lol.
It's just stupid, if you've every looked at Spymac (ugh...) there are so many Mac Morons there, "OMG EWW NEVAR POST A PIC OF A PEECEE AGAN IN OUR GALLRY!!111one"
It's pathetic.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

[b]WARNING:[/font] s/b: warning by .[.b.]word.[./.b.]
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Store says no more12"? | I love my Apple Stock »