New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Default Paint Application

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mpeters13

mpeters13 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP

OS X is still lacking one. What do you think the OS X version of paint would be like? Now before people start telling me to get Photoshop, sometimes users want a simple application for performing very basic image editing... Am I the only one that feels apple should bundle something in? Discuss.
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

apple doesn't need to, if you really want it you can get applications for free or you can pay for them...
QUOTE Thanks
ste6168

ste6168 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeters13 View Post
OS X is still lacking one. Am I the only one that feels apple should bundle something in?
yeah, your probably the only one... sorry
QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 27" 5k imac i7, 295x

apple doesnt need to bundle a simple paint program with there OS, there are plenty of free Apps that do that you can download from the interweb. that way you can choose the program for you without haveing one on your computer your never going to uses anyways

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

I use seashore. Its sort of like photoshop but not as many features just basic things. Sorry I don't have the link

QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 27" 5k imac i7, 295x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netty4mac View Post
I use seashore. Its sort of like photoshop but not as many features just basic things. Sorry I don't have the link
heres the link for Seashore

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman445 View Post
heres the link for seashore Seashore
Thank you Kman!!!:spook:

I forgot to mention...Seashore is free!

QUOTE Thanks
mpeters13

mpeters13 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netty4mac View Post
omg... what is this? an objective response and not a flame? I fear the dawn of a new macforums era. Thank you for your suggestion.
QUOTE Thanks
SilverEagle5

SilverEagle5 has a spectacular aura about

Check out Gimp, too
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

And if you are use to Photoshop, there is GimpShop (lots of links out there, and also free) which has had the menu structure of Gimp modified to closely resemble Photoshop and was initially done for Mac OS X.

And, no don't think Apple needs to include one either with all the freeware out. After 13 yrs on windows machines, don't think i used Paint 13 times.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
???

??? is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.0Ghz

it would be a nice but if there are many free for download (some on the apple website) or if you need better people either already have it, buy it or steal it.

I use ChocoFlop its not too bad, but does more than the basics for free.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Graphic Converter is cool.(Click for download page)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How long does your mac take to boot? | Less RAM hungry alt. to iphoto? »