New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Stupid Comments/ Questions from Windows users

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

It's time for a thread like this.

When the new eMacs came in at our school, I had a little chat with my friend

Friend: Wow, those new eMacs sure do look neat!
Me: Yeah, they're pretty cool.
Friend: I see they also run that new cool OS, Windows..umm...Vista?
Me: No, they run Mac OS X.
Friend: They can't, it makes them crash.
Me: No, in fact they crash less and don't get viruses.
Friend: ...

It bugs me at how ignorant some people are. They are just in that Windows bubble, free from all other OSes.
QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.66GHz Core2Duo // 15" Macbook Pro2.53GHz Core2Duo

hahahahaha,,, that is funny

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice

Thought I'd revive this thread, it has good potential, and it was a 10> pager at MR.
QUOTE Thanks
Brendan

Brendan is a jewel in the roughBrendan is a jewel in the rough

One of my friends is a Mac fan, one of mine owns an iMac and loves it, but the rest probably think Mac means iPod.

Brendan Welsh
Aluminum Macbook Owner
QUOTE Thanks
Cassifire

Cassifire has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.

Ah, well here's one or two for ya.

I was using my old Bondi iMac G3, with a friend over. She looked over at it and asked what version of Windows it ran. I said "it doesn't run Windows it runs Mac OS 8."
She replied with "Wait, that's a mac?" "yep."
She stares at it for a few more seconds.
"I didn't know Macs had color screens."

Another one.

We had just visited the Apple store, and while I had been contemplating weather to get an iMac or a Mini (ended up getting a Mini for christmas later) My sister had been playing with an iMac. As we were leaveing the mall, I asked "So, what do you think of those Macs?"
"They're pretty good." *pause* "I didn't know Macs ran iTunes." :eek:
QUOTE Thanks
Brendan

Brendan is a jewel in the roughBrendan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassifire View Post
"I didn't know Macs ran iTunes."
You better have given them a good ol' fashion spanking! Haha.

Brendan Welsh
Aluminum Macbook Owner
QUOTE Thanks
MBasile

MBasile has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook CoreDuo

I was at starbucks and the cop next to me was like "is that an apple? so whats the big deal? whats the difference?" I really didnt know how to answer what was different besides "everything"
QUOTE Thanks
Martin.

Martin. is a jewel in the roughMartin. is a jewel in the rough

i went to futureshop and the guy there didnt know ipod videos had harddrives in them, and he also said that mac osx was a very unstable operationg system and thats why they ran vista on all of the macs in their store. Then i went over to an imac opened up the start menu and it went to a blue screen of death and then i started laughing really hard.

~Martin.

QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

I asked a guy at BestBuy about a Mac before I bought mine and he said he didn't know much about them but that the downside was that "there's basically no software whatsoever for Macs."

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
TheCustomer99

TheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of lightTheCustomer99 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

Recently, somebody got mad when they saw Trash instead of Recycle Bin because it wasn't PC. No pun intended.

"Anecdotal thinking comes naturally, science requires training." - Michael Shermer
QUOTE Thanks
gtg622r

gtg622r will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.16GHz Intel C2D, 2GB Ram, 120 GB HD

At school, around other PC users I always get the, "Ooo, look at me. I'm trendy and buy trendy things." Or, "I'm don't know how to use a computer, so I bought a MAC."

I usually don't respond, just indulge them with a smile. After a while, I was showing them how easy it was to use, and all the neat stuff it can do. I kept getting, "What about virus protection/spyware?" I politely said, "MAC has not yet had an issue with viruses or spyware bots, so I don't have to worry about them for now."

Then I had to help one of them connect their Windows laptop to our school's wireless. My MBP auto-detected the connection (I just had to create the defaults for future connections). Their laptop couldn't see any of the school's connections. We went through about 5 or 6 different screens adjusting configuration settings and security just to get the laptop to recognize the signal, let alone connect to it!
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

Yeah, you're lucky if you have a certain card like Intel wireless, because you have a better interface than the Windows XP/Vista wireless program.
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

My avatar was a baby who used windows, and then went crazy.
QUOTE Thanks
JayroCruz

JayroCruz is on a distinguished road

Man i got a story so one time i was minding my own business using my mac when this guy came up to me and starting saying that windows was better so i stabbed him. After he fell to the ground i just threw him in my trunk drove over to the local river and dumped him off pretty good eh?

and so it goes...
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRye View Post
My avatar was a baby who used windows, and then went crazy.
ROFL....iRye, now that avatar has even more meaning! You've made my day!

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trying to Be an Apple Campus Representive | Children of Men »