New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Got a nintendo Wii

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sachsr1

Sachsr1 has a spectacular aura about

Walked into Target on Friday, and they were unloading Wii's so I grabbed one. This thing is no graphics monster like the 360 and PS3, but it is a ton of fun. The night we got it my 60 year old father in law, and my 3 yoa were playing baseball together, and my 3 yoa hit a home run . the sports game that comes with it is just simple fun for all ages. In the baseball game all you do is hit or pitch the rest is automated. I also got Call of Duty 3, but only played for a few minutes. That seems a bit more complicated to play, but was an interesting way to play a first person shooter.

The whole console and interface is fun, and with an internet connection (wi-fi built in) you can check the weather, and soon the news. It also has a trial version Opera web browser, but like other non computer interfaces it' slower to navigate. You can create a character for everyone in the family called a Mii, and I guess you can trade them via the internet, and let others wander on to your Wii. You create their hair, face, skin color, body, etc. In the sports game you get to select things like what hand you want to use in each sport.

You can also download old NES, Super NES, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, and Turbo Graphics games, but they are limited at this time and cost money (or Wii points which cost money). It also not only plays gamecube games it basicly is a Nintendo Gamecube you plug Gamecube controllers and memory cards right into the unit, and pop in a Gamecube game.

It also supports SD cards, and you can put photos into it and edit them (I didn't get into that at all).

Overall I think it's a great system for simply having fun with all ages. My father in law has never played a game system in his life and he says he's gonna buy one. After 30 years of games systems better and faster they finally made one that is just easy and fun to play. Kinda sounds like a Mac:bushman:
QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

I've not yet played a Wii, but I might have to swing by EBGames or BestBuy and check it out. I doubt that I'll buy one (my wife would kill me, besides I mainly play racing games, and Nintendo doesn't do racing games). I feel a bit out of the loop with all of these people talking about the Wii.

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
Sachsr1

They have one racing game i think that comes with a steering wheel
QUOTE Thanks
aintor

aintor is on a distinguished road

mind your tele
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

I got mine on launch day in Central Europe, December 7th. It's awesome.
Games so far:

Wii Sports
Wii Play
Call Of Duty
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Rayman Ravin Rabbids
Monster 4x4
Zelda: Twiglight Princess

I'll get you some peektchures in a mo.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

yeah, I got mine on Dec 7 as well (launch day here in Aus too)
I got Wii Sports, Wii Play, Twilight Princess and got Red Steel for Christmas.
Can't wait for Smash Bros, Metroid, and also the Naruto Wii game. The GC versions were awesome, so this should be pretty amazing.

Also, I believe the GT racing game (that comes with the steering wheel) was pretty poor, at least I think it was. Didn't see much about it though. Excite Truck looked like heaps of fun.

Get 4 Wiimotes, and you'll have incredible fun with Wii Sports. On Christmas day, my Wii was on for nearly 10 hours with tennis matches, bowling, and the cow racing on Wii Play Haven't had that much fun with games in ages.

Elebits also looks fantastic - being able to create your own levels and share them over Wiiconnect24 is very nice. Will have to look into that when it's released here.

It's such a totally different console to the microsoft and sony offerings. I'm thinking I may get a 360 some time down the track, as there are a few titles now and down the track which intrigue me. But both of those consoles are just out of the question right now.

Is there a topic here already for Wii console codes? If not, perhaps we could post them right here and get a few Mii's flying around the place?

QUOTE Thanks
SunsetRoadzter

SunsetRoadzter will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD

I actually got mine on US Launch day which was Nov 19 th I think. I have the Wii Sports
Excite Truck
GT Pro Series (It's Horrible Stay Away From It!!!)

What is the distance between here and now anyway?:mac:

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all

My game of 2007: Mario Galaxy. I played Mario 64 so much it's like burnt into my brain when I was 11.

QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

I think I just threw up a little bit™

So...jealous...can't contain...self...can't..stop...eliptuses...™
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

Here's ma peektchures ...

http://kamu.ch/stuff/Nintendo%20Wii.html

QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi View Post
Wow, those are good pics. Thanks for Officially™ making me more jealous. :yinyang:
QUOTE Thanks
Sachsr1

We brought it to a new years party, and it was running the whole time. People just had to try it, and fun was had by all.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

Yeah but you need a couple of good games. When my friends tried it they were skeptical. Wii Sports was not enough to convince them. I guess there more die-hard über-graphics gamers.

QUOTE Thanks
Sachsr1

Kinda like the old Apple vs. PC debate
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachsr1 View Post
Kinda like the old Apple vs. PC debate
yeah - personally, I think Apple is equivalent to Wii in this case - simple, stylish, convenient a just plain cool.

Wii sports was enough to convince most of my relatives to play Wii.
Of course, Twilight Princess should get the rest of the people - fishing in that is simply awesome.

Random trivia: apparently, the GC Twilight Princess is reversed. Link was always left handed, yet right handed in the Wii version due to the fact that most players use the Wiimote right handed. It's disappointing for me, since I'm a leftie, and always loved Link for that fact. Now he doesn't seem like a 'true' Link to me. Nevertheless, it's still a beautiful game.
Anybody here got a perfect file in TP yet? I'm one tiny little heart piece and 11 Poes away (without a guide that is)

If anybody wants to add me, my Wii code is:
6575 0100 2290 7837

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What did you do on New Year's Eve? | Share Your Screen Name »