Unhappy trouble uploading mac 0S X
    Trying to upgrade to OS X 10.3 using the two installation discs. When I insert disk one and begin the upload It restarts my computer. Then a page of text appears. At the top it reads as follows: Panic (cpu 0 caller 0x002e54bc): Unable to find driver for this platform: "PowerBook3,4".
    Further down the page it reads as follows: No debugger configured - dumping debug information
    In the background I can see the power button emblem and it says: You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power.
    When I do this the computer restarts and the same page pops up. Now I cant even eject the disk. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Any help would be much appriciated.

MacHeadCase
    Welcome to Mac-Forums, kielkid2. What you are experiencing is a kernel panic. It happens a lot when bad RAM is involved but that isn't always the case.

Why have you been trying to update the OS? Were you previously experiencing problems?

I have OS 10 and I'm trying to upgrade my powerbook g4 to OS x 10.3 I beleive. I'm trying to use the instilation disks that came with my girlfriends new macbook. I want to upgrade so that I can run programs that require 10.3 or higher. Any help you can give would be much appriciated. I can't even eject the disk right now. I can restart the computer. but all I get is that kernel panic that you mentioned.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    If I understand you correctly. You are trying to upgrade your PowerBook G4 with an Intel MacBook restore CDROMs. If this is the case you will not be able to do it. You will need to buy a full install version of the OS you want to install.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    1. The OS discs from 10.3 up are system specific so you need a PowerBook install or a retail install
    2. MacBooks have intel coded OS X, PowerBooks cant run it
    3. It would be illegal to use that disc even if it would work
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

very good. I will go buy the update tomorrow. any idea on how to eject the disk thats stuck in my g4?

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Restart your system and hold down the click button on the touch pad, while it is booting.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Information