New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

What was your favourite Christmas present?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

What was your favourite Christmas present this year? For the first time in probably 10 years I didn't get any computer related stuff, I think that's mostly because I've converted to Mac and my dad didn't want to get me anything I couldn't/wouldn't use. I think my favourite gifts are a tie. I got a wrench set from my father in-law, which is great because my car has an odd sized drain plug (19mm), and I didn't have that size wrench, or any wrenches greater than 10mm (I've lived at my parents' house off and on for the last few years and haven't needed my own tools, but since I got married I finally got my own place for good, lol). I also got a sushi kit from my wife, with the little platters and the dish for the sauces, and I have fancy chopsticks of my own now. To some of you this may not be a big deal, but I like sushi probably more than most Japanese people...

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 2.93C2D 4GB

Got plenty of nice things, had a great day and then when we got home my girlfriend surprised me with a macbook 2.0 white core 2 duo! My 1st mac aswell. Very pleased to be a new switcher!
I'm currently charging it to calibrate the battery (been hanging around here for a while reading everything).
Sure I'll have plenty of questions soon!
QUOTE Thanks
SunsetRoadzter

SunsetRoadzter will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss918 View Post
Got plenty of nice things, had a great day and then when we got home my girlfriend surprised me with a macbook 2.0 white core 2 duo! My 1st mac aswell. Very pleased to be a new switcher!
I'm currently charging it to calibrate the battery (been hanging around here for a while reading everything).
Sure I'll have plenty of questions soon!
Awsome gift!!! Keep your girlfriend forever she has to be cool to buy a mac. Anyways congrats on the mac and have fun switching!!!

What is the distance between here and now anyway?:mac:

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetRoadzter View Post
Awsome gift!!! Keep your girlfriend forever she has to be cool to buy a mac. Anyways congrats on the mac and have fun switching!!!
She caught me completely off-gaurd, I really wasn't expecting it and am a little unsure what to do. I was hoping to get one some time next year and right now I just keep looking at it dumbstruck - I think I'll just take things slowly.

She didn't give it to me this morning for fear of me not leaving the house so it's gonna be a late night tonight now.

She's interested in switching too so were gonna get an Imac later in 2007 if everything goes to plan and finally get rid of this PC (Which, incidentally, has never caused me any major hassle).

Also, I got her a nintendo DS "lite" as a surprise present for when we got in... not much of a comparison...
QUOTE Thanks
MrJoshua

MrJoshua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo

My GF suprised me with an M-Audio Keystation 49e USB/Midi Keyboard, so today I have been mostly trying to make some music with it . She's very musical, so it should be fun for us both.

My Mum got me a 1:18th scale R/C monster truck, so I had a fiddle with that this morning, however it's bl00dy freezing outside, so I didn't venture out with it for long ... Hoping tomorrow will be a bit warmer so I can take it out for a bash

Cheers

Josh (UK)
Fairly Recent Switcher
QUOTE Thanks
SunsetRoadzter

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD

If you have any ?'s. PM me and I wil help you out. I have been an apple user for over a year but I'm new to this forum.

QUOTE Thanks
moss918

Quote:
If you have any ?'s. PM me and I wil help you out. I have been an apple user for over a year but I'm new to this forum.
Very much appreciated and I will certainly do so. Now how do I give you one of those rep points I've heard so much about.....
QUOTE Thanks
SunsetRoadzter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss918 View Post
Very much appreciated and I will certainly do so. Now how do I give you one of those rep points I've heard so much about.....
Bottom left hand corner beside the red circle!

QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Sorry, to many kids might be on the site so I can't say!! Yowza!!! Thanks honey. As far as gifts, we got a PS3 on release day so that was our main gift. But I also got Metal Gear Soild Portable Ops for the PSP.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
SunsetRoadzter

I got my PS3 a week after launch day. I really like though and would recommend it to anybody that is a fan of video games.

QUOTE Thanks
miuchi

miuchi is on a distinguished road

My husband also got me the M-Audio Keystation 49e USB/Midi Keyboard and I love it! He's a musician so anything I ask for that is music or computer-related, I usually get it, hee hee. I also got a MacCase sleeve for my Macbook, 2Gb USB flashdrive, headphone splitter, iPod carrying case, DVD-RWs, USB LCD light for the Mac and.... the iLap, which I also LOVE. Great Christmas for me... I got spoiled rotten! *grin* I spoiled him, too... 19" flatscreen monitor and other musical stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

I gave myself an early christmas present. 5 weeks ago I quit smoking. (after 25 years) This left tons of money for present for family.

daryl
QUOTE Thanks
SunsetRoadzter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadz View Post
I gave myself an early christmas present. 5 weeks ago I quit smoking. (after 25 years) This left tons of money for present for family.

daryl
Good decision, I quit over a year ago I feel so much better and so does my wallet.

QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadz View Post

daryl
Congratulations! Definitely a good present for you and everyone you know. Besides the extra money you'll save, you're going to smell better (literally) and your sense of taste will be hyper-sensitive. All good benefits this time of year!

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

Quote:
Good decision, I quit over a year ago I feel so much better and so does my wallet.
Not to sidetrack but the coolest thing is I set aside 300 a month into a separate account, next christmas might be in Hawaii.

daryl
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Fantasy Football Superbowl | I need help »