New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Why don't the full install of tiger have mac os9.2?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Krash

Krash is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ibook G4, 14.1,768mb,1.2ghz,60 gig, cdrw/dvd slot drive,extreme card

I have a problem, i can't load my apple works for mac os 9.1 or 9.2 because if i do a full format and install right off my install tiger 10.4 dvd i don't get mac os 9, but if i load 10.2 jaguar on it and upgrade it it upgrades my mac os 9.1. to 9.2 how is this? And can I load mac os 9.2 off the dvd??? Please let me know thanks...

My very 2nd mac.... Ibook G4 14.1 inch screen 1.2ghz processor... I don't want to ever go back to PC...
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Maybe you can download what you need from this link? Mac OS 9: Available Updates

And as for the Tiger full install... Well that's just it, it's a full install for Mac OS X 10.4, not for OS 9.x. :girl:

So just pop in your Jaguar disk and install OS 9.x then go to the link I just gave you and update your OS 9 install.
QUOTE Thanks
Krash

that sucks man.. Why when I updated the 10.2 jaguar to 10.4 tiger instead of formatting?? If I have too I will load my orignal copies of 10.2 in order to make it work if I have too.. lol.. Thanks macHead.. U think that I can just scan my cd's and pull off OS9 and then do a update?? Like just run it from a cd and it will intergrate into the system???

My very 2nd mac.... Ibook G4 14.1 inch screen 1.2ghz processor... I don't want to ever go back to PC...
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Yeah re-read my above post, I forgot some info so I edited it. You're not SOL. :girl:
QUOTE Thanks
Krash

look at that machead, we were thinkin the same thing

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
that sucks man.. Why when I updated the 10.2 jaguar to 10.4 tiger instead of formatting?? If I have too I will load my orignal copies of 10.2 in order to make it work if I have too.. lol.. Thanks macHead.. U think that I can just scan my cd's and pull off OS9 and then do a update?? Like just run it from a cd and it will intergrate into the system???
Depending on your Mac model, yes. If it's an Intel-based Mac, it's a no-go, though. OS 9 does not work on an Intel-based Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
look at that machead, we were thinkin the same thing
LOL

Just grab OS 9 from your Jaguar CD, then run the update from the link I posted. That oughta work fine.
QUOTE Thanks
Krash

no it is a powerpc, i don't want a intel one, I will just keep this one till it messes up and find another one that is powerpc, i am afraid if i go intel based i will have pop ups and microsoft crap.. BTW I hate microsoft.. lol.. Me and u were editing at the same time lol.. Thanks man, I hope this is helpful for someone else too...

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
LOL

Just grab OS 9 from your Jaguar CD, then run the update from the link I posted. That oughta work fine.
Quote:
no it is a powerpc, i don't want a intel one, I will just keep this one till it messes up and find another one that is powerpc, i am afraid if i go intel based i will have pop ups and microsoft crap.. BTW I hate microsoft.. lol.. Me and u were editing at the same time lol.. Thanks man, I hope this is helpful for someone else too...
OH NO!!! AGAIN!!! Edited at the same time! LOL
QUOTE Thanks
Krash

well so far i can't find it.. LOL... guess i can't put it on there unless i install it, i don't have the extra software discs oh well, guess I don't need it... LOL

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

If I'm not mistaken, OS 9 in the Jaguar days was on its own install CD. I had it on the bunch of CDs that came with my igloo iMac way back when. It was a kit of CDs. It must be on one of those CDs if you kept them.

Edited to add:

Yeah, if you didn't keep the extra software CDs, you won't find the OS 9 installer then, I'm afraid.
QUOTE Thanks
Krash

that is ok, that was my fault lol.. i know next time i will keep em, i may acutally look on ebay for a set of 10.3 with those extras.. thanks for the help i think NEO OFFICE will be great for what I need..

I just seen the interface of neo office and it looks wayy better than applesystem works.. i will stick with this, I need the extra hard drive space any way LOL

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Glad you found NeoOffice, BTW.
QUOTE Thanks
Krash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
Glad you found NeoOffice, BTW.

yes i did and i love it, for the people wondering the same question, u should be able to get os 9 from the extra software cd's from jaguar or panther... But if not then download NEO OFFICE.. IT is great.. here is the link...

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/en/..._3-PowerPC.dmg

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help: MB Core 2 vs MBP Core Duo | noob memory questions »