New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Some Recent Results of PS3 auctions on Ebay

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Some recent results from eBay. I found them utterly amusing :black:

Ending bid=$610 (Reserve NOT met, so he didn't actually sell it... guess he is gonna try his luck with a relist)

Ending bid=$560 (This guy took a hit... hehe)

Ending Bid=$630 (oooooh, he made 30 bucks of the deal... well, not really when you factor in sales tax he paid for it :black: )

Ending bid=$680 (This guy might have actually made a slight profit... still hardly worth the effort for $50 if you ask me)

neye:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

It's a little late to try to make a profit now, but a couple days after they went on sale, people were making huge profits.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

And that is what I find amusing. The big hype only lasted a week... tops. Then people started to realize that they could just go to a store and get them at retail, so the "investors" that bought mulitple units started to lose their hopes of huge profits. The ones who actually paid through the nose for one on eBay have egg on their faces as well, since the consoles are readily available in stores now.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

I bet the $680 didn't even make a profit. He had to pay sales tax, that takes it to around $645 (that's what I payed) and then eBay listing fees. He'd be lucky if he broke even. The fees for that total about $20 bucks. (I spent the time looking it up. I have way too much time on my hands)

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

its crazy to think people were paying 5-15K for these PS3's the first week out and if they would have just waited one week they could have spent $650 or whatever they go for.. these people that paid thousands should be beating their heads on walls if you ask me.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

It could only makes sense to someone who has ALOT more money than I do.

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

It is pretty pathetic. I saw a screenshot of an acution that was buy it now for $500,000, I doubt it was real, but to me it's just as crazey as $1,000 or any amount over retail.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

also, keep in mind that sony is notorious for drive (and i believe heat as well) issues with first gen playstation hardware.

it's probably only a matter of time before that $600 - $1500 piece of hardware breaks.

me, i'm waiting, as i did for the ps1 and the ps2.
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
also, keep in mind that sony is notorious for drive (and i believe heat as well) issues with first gen playstation hardware.

it's probably only a matter of time before that $600 - $1500 piece of hardware breaks.

me, i'm waiting, as i did for the ps1 and the ps2.
I read about that recently. As we've seen with power cords on other consoles, the power box (I don't know the real name) is external, located on the cord - so the majority of the heat generated remains outside the console. Apparently, the PS3 has this inside the console.

Now, my old external HD also had this internal - and it blew up, twice when left on for around 20 minutes. The HD itself was fine, but it caused me repairs that really shouldn't have been necessary. I certainly hope this won't be the case with the PS3 as well.

And I think it serves those people right who tried to make a profit by online auctions - basically screw up the launch for everyone.

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

great... ps1 and 2 both had internal power converters too.

remember the n64? hybrid internal/external. now that was weird.
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

I bought one for me and sold one on eBay 3 days after the launch for $1065.00. I also sold a Wii and made a $120.00, so that was enough to pay for My PS3, just what I set out to do.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Microsoft keyboard help? | Working on a 5400RPM Drive »