New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Watched any 1080p on a Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DrQuincy

DrQuincy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Core Duo Macbook Pro

I just watched a few 1080p trailers of films from the Apple website. Even on my 1680 x 1050 20" monitor the quality is stunning! It must be mind-blowing through a good 1080p TV.

Can anyone share their 1080p experiences on different screens?

The great thing is my MBP 17" plays 1080p .mov files without dropping a frame! I'd like to see my windows machine do that!
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

I have a PowerMac G5 connected to my 42" Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (1080p LCD) via a DVI cable.

I downloaded the 1080p trailer for 300, a movie coming out in March. It looked ridiculously good!

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwax95 View Post
That looks awesome!
QUOTE Thanks
DrQuincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwax95 View Post
I have a PowerMac G5 connected to my 42" Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (1080p LCD) via a DVI cable.

I downloaded the 1080p trailer for 300, a movie coming out in March. It looked ridiculously good!
What does normal OS X look like through a 1080p TV? Is it blurred? I put a PC through a 720p Dell TV and it didn't look good.
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

My PowerMac connected through DVI looks exactly like it does connected to my 17" Apple Display, just bigger.

Perfectly sharp, colors pop brilliantly, text is small-but easy to read for me, and it's gigantic...

720p TVs are usually around 1400 x 768, which is not high enough res to look good if you're above 32".

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
DrQuincy

Excellent!

I don't think you can get those Westinghouse TVs in England yet . . . I've read a couple of reviews though and they came out on top! I hope something similar comes out here late next year as I should have the cash to buy one by then.
QUOTE Thanks
Quruli

My mbp is hooked up to my LCD now and looks great at 760p.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« virus software? | Genius Bar... »