New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

good deal on RAM for your mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brianj08

brianj08 will become famous soon enough

anyone looking for a deal on RAM for your macbook/macbook pro/ imac...etc. here is a good deal i would like to share with you all.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...40840&pfp=dec3

i already added one of these sticks to my macbook earlier this week and it ran perfectly, installation was simple, and system profiler recognized it immediately. i now have 2 GB RAM in my macbook and it is a world of difference over the 512 i had when i first ordered it.

i just thought i would share this link with everyone that is looking for some ram for cheap.

white Macbook 1.83 GHz Core Duo/ 2 GB ram/ 60 GB HDD/ Wireless bluetooth mouse/ JBL Speakers
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Is it easy to install RAM on a MBP? I haven't cracked open the back yet (take out the battery). Does it void Applecare if you do it yourself?
QUOTE Thanks
brianj08

brianj08 will become famous soon enough

no it doesn't void your warranty. just keep your old sticks of ram after you install the new, just in case you have to send it to apple for repair work, you can throw the old ones in and not have to worry about them keeping your new ram if they were to replace the notebook for some reason.

installation was very easy, just removing the battery, and unscrewing the L bracket then popping in the new ram then closing everything up again, literally takes about 5 minutes.

white Macbook 1.83 GHz Core Duo/ 2 GB ram/ 60 GB HDD/ Wireless bluetooth mouse/ JBL Speakers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Designing Software | online audio »