Unhappy CNET editor James Kim Found Dead
    Sadly james kim is now reported dead

here is the link the the engadget artical
    http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/06/b...ave-been-found

and here is to the cnet one
    http://news.com.com/James+Kim+found+...tag=cnetfd.ld1

Specs:
    MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
    Yes. We will miss his articles. Which coencidentally are somtimes Apple related.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
    Really sad. I'll certainly miss him on cnet.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. This is really such a tragic story.
    DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
    www.wattsupproductions.com

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    Yes. We will miss his articles. Which coencidentally are somtimes Apple related.
    I really hope that isn't some kind of negative remark about him at this tragic moment.

When they reported his family found, I was hoping for the best. Remember James and his family in your prayers. I never bought a piece of audio equipment without checking his reviews.

Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    I really hope that isn't some kind of negative remark about him at this tragic moment.
    dont worry it wasnt i kinda know davis and he wouldnt say something like that

as sad as it is, and i'm heartbroken for those kids... i'm angry at the thought that he should go off like that. i live in minnesota and rule one in a situation like that is do not leave the car.

sorry if this derails the thread, i felt it really had to be said - doesn't appear to have been brought up in any articles i've read yet. i don't mean any disrespect, but the point should be made.

<awaits negative feedback flood>

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    i'm angry at the thought that he should go off like that. i live in minnesota and rule one in a situation like that is do not leave the car.
    It has been brought up in some news articles, including CNET's I think. This is something I know myself, but if it were my wife and children, one being so young, trapped like that, I know I would have went for help as well.

Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
    It has been brought up in some news articles, including CNET's I think. This is something I know myself, but if it were my wife and children, one being so young, trapped like that, I know I would have went for help as well.
    I think its what every man who loves his family would have done.

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    as sad as it is, and i'm heartbroken for those kids... i'm angry at the thought that he should go off like that. i live in minnesota and rule one in a situation like that is do not leave the car.
    At the point he decided to go for help, they had been stranded for nearly a week. They had no way of knowing if people were still searching for them. He made the decision that he couldn't let his family die without trying to get help. Obviously, looking back on it from our perspective, that was the wrong decision. It's incredibly sad that it turned out this way, but I can't blame him for doing it.

My condolences go out to his friends and family. I can't imagine how hard this is for them.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    That is so sad to hear about his death. My prayers go out to his family and friends on this very sad time in their life. He will be missed.

Specs:
    MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
    Quote Originally Posted by imacmatt09 View Post
    dont worry it wasnt i kinda know davis and he wouldnt say something like that
    thanks matt.

and no. i dont see how that is negative at all. i was just stating that we are on an apple forums and he wrote reviews on cnet that happen to be apple related at some times. i would never say anything negative like that. he was a jewl of a writer.

How dare you people say that you would stay in the car.

When you're stuck in your car with your family for a week and they're on the verge of starving to death with no hope of rescue, let's see if you can stay.

You have no right to say such things. James Kim was a hero for his courages attempts to save his family. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
    DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
    www.wattsupproductions.com

so, you're probably the one who left the negative feedback, eh?

"This is not the place for such comments"

Thanks!

Really, if not here and now, when?

Honestly, going off the main road in very bad weather with his baby, kid, and wife in the car was his first extremly poor choice. He wouldn't have needed those "heroics" if he hadn't overestimated his own and his vehicle's capabilities.

Specs:
    MacBook
    This is not the place for bickering and arguing over such a tragedy. I am closing this thread. If anyone is so inclined, friends of the Kim family have posted a site that is accepting donations to aid the family in their time of mourning.

http://jamesandkati.com/

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information