Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
    Who not to buy batteries from.
    I bought a "Hi-Capacity" battery for my PowerBook G4 15 from eBatts.com last year. The battery lasted not as longer as the origional battery from Apple, and shortly after the 1 year warranty expired the battery would charge no more than 66%, and die in about 55 minutes. I called eBatts and explained what ocurred and I told them I understood that my battery was out of warranty about 1 month. The guy said there is nothing they would do, not even a pro-rating discount off of another battery. I find it interesting that the origional Apple battery is still going strong, it is 14 months old and this so-called "Hi-Capacity" is junk. Just FYI for those of you thinking about buying a a battery from eBatts.com, I'd look elseware.
    My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
    Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.

Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
    No Sony
    :radioacti DONT EVER BY A SONY BATTERY!! Cause it will explode :bandage: :radioacti

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger-63 View Post
    I bought a "Hi-Capacity" battery for my PowerBook G4 15 from eBatts.com last year. The battery lasted not as longer as the origional battery from Apple, and shortly after the 1 year warranty expired the battery would charge no more than 66%, and die in about 55 minutes. I called eBatts and explained what ocurred and I told them I understood that my battery was out of warranty about 1 month. The guy said there is nothing they would do, not even a pro-rating discount off of another battery. I find it interesting that the origional Apple battery is still going strong, it is 14 months old and this so-called "Hi-Capacity" is junk. Just FYI for those of you thinking about buying a a battery from eBatts.com, I'd look elseware.
    I have just replaced my iPOD 3G battery at Other World Computing, so I'll see how that does. As my iPOD battery was only lasting about 2 hours, it can't be any worse. However I did buy a 'hi capacity' battery for my Sony Ericsson phone and it was no better than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by imacmatt09 View Post
    :radioacti DONT EVER BY A SONY BATTERY!! Cause it will explode :bandage: :radioacti
    They has a single bad batch, all of which have been recalled. AFAIK, Sony make the batteries for all current MacBooks.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
    - Joan D. Vinge

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
    My point was don't buy from eBatts.com they won't work with you even if you are a short time out of warranty. Most places I have dealt with in the past will work with you if your warranty recently went out, like pro-rating on a new item so they can make a sale, they have lost me as a customer. I bought a replacement battery directly from Apple, I will not buy an aftermarket "Hi-Capacity" battery again, they are no better than the origional.
    My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
    Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.

Thread Information