New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Apple Discussions?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Have any of you visited the Apple Discussion Fourms on www.apple.com? What type of feedback do you have on them positive or negative? I have found the people there to be a bunch of snobs. Is this accurate or am I just seeing things?

Thanks for any comments!

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

I had a couple of newbie questions answered fairly well, however if something is a problem (that is, no workaround) instead of telling you, you simply get no response. I even got a warning from Admin for complaining that iTunes 7 did not work on OS X 10.2, so after that I stopped posting there.

The help boards for Logic and Aperture are fantastic though, because the users are of a very high caliber.

Snobs? Heh... I agree, but aren't most Mac users are snobish in some way, usually intellectually, anyway? I mean that is the nicest way possible.

I much prefer this and other unofficial forums.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
I had a couple of newbie questions answered fairly well, however if something is a problem (that is, no workaround) instead of telling you, you simply get no response. I even got a warning from Admin for complaining that iTunes 7 did not work on OS X 10.2, so after that I stopped posting there.

The help boards for Logic and Aperture are fantastic though, because the users are of a very high caliber.

Snobs? Heh... I agree, but aren't most Mac users are snobish in some way, usually intellectually, anyway? I mean that is the nicest way possible.

I much prefer this and other unofficial forums.

Im a mac user an im not a snob in an intellectuall way

It just seems that the people there are quick to judge and come across as snobish to me.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

I often use Apple discussions on both sides of the fence.
As usual all help is from volunteers who are just people who sometimes get tired of Mac users who don't bother to try the OS's help function or the forum search function first.

Most Mac users are real neat people....

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

Double Post sorry

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I agree with Zoolook, I like Mac-Forums and 2 other Apple forums I frequent a lot better. Nice group of people and all very helpful. Made some good friends here too.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Like in all forums on this Earth, some members are like rust on a wheel shaft but some people at Apple Discussions really really know their stuff. I got great help when I posted about trying to get Myst V to run and play decently (turned out it was a video card driver problem, Ubisoft will not release an update since they consider the game End-Of-Life, blablabla...) but we tried out different things before we quit on it.

It just depends on who «swoops» in the thread to help just like in any forum. Some are there because they are after points, trying to show off their «knowledge» or trying to see their post count get higher while others (the majority) are there because they are genuinely trying to help. Like in any forum, if no one knows the answer you won't get much replies though but I would say it is more likely you will get a reply there than in most forums.

The nice thing about Apple Discussions is that there are software developers that are members there so they monitor the problems with their software: I have even seen some post there to help out and get their app running smoothly for everyone.
QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

somtimes its really biast, but if you want some direct connections with apple personell, its highly monitored by APPLE reps, and they will reply back for simple questions and answers. I heard all apple forums are monitored, but i dunno. theres too many out there to look at.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Please i need help!!!!!!!!! | ipod? »