New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Most troublesome Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Just thought about presenting you a question to find out the most troublesome Mac. Please select the Mac that you had to send to repair due to a HARDWARE problem. Since there is a fairly a large collection of Macs., I would like to limit this only to Intel CD/C2D Macs.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Why limit only to those macs? If you want an honest opinion about the most of all macs, I would think all should be included. Just my humble opinion.
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Please don't forget to give a short description to your problem.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Your survey is flawed. If you have a hundred people here and only 10 respond, what does that tell you. Is that 10% with problems or is that a 100% with problems.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

I am trying to figure out how much percentage of ppl. complain about a particular Mac. class (eg. 3/10 -> MB). It is certainly not the most representative sample population. Don't take it too serious
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

You are not going to find out a percentage of who complains, when that is all you are asking for. lol

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
traded

traded will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro C2D 2.16

I don't think its such a bad idea as long as the limits are understood....that you will get a description of people who have had problems with new machines..who use this forum, who post to this forum, and who look at the "anything goes" section.
I voted..My MBP has beenin twice for fan problems...
-d
QUOTE Thanks
scooter

scooter has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid

i don't have one yet, but i was playing around with a macbook at the apple store when it crashed. the clerk said it was the second one he had replaced in the store. (guess us buyers are a little rough on them!)

From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

MBP leading the way
QUOTE Thanks
cryption

cryption is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook 2.0 intel duo, 1gig ram

week 1 and my macbook is holding up allright
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Core Duo Mini doing fine after 5 months or so 24 hours a day. Not a problem.
QUOTE Thanks
chaslam

chaslam is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB

I dont quite get this survey. Is it not basically a survey on who owns what? I mean it would only really be vaild if only people who have owned all of the above voted, and I really dont think there are many people in the world that have owned all of them.

Anyway, I have a MBP (C2D) a MB (CD) and a Mini (g4) and my MB is the only one I have had trouble with, with the palmrest discolouring twice.

Admin of the 3G Forum

http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/index.php?referrerid=2359
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaslam View Post
I dont quite get this survey. Is it not basically a survey on who owns what? I mean it would only really be vaild if only people who have owned all of the above voted, and I really dont think there are many people in the world that have owned all of them.

Anyway, I have a MBP (C2D) a MB (CD) and a Mini (g4) and my MB is the only one I have had trouble with, with the palmrest discolouring twice.
Well, you dont't have to own all of them. I only need to know your personal experience with ANY of the Intel based Macs.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is Apple 20" Cinema display over priced? | POS MacBook »