New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

mouse speed !! help!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jimmyfitz

jimmyfitz is on a distinguished road

why the swirly gigigigigigigigi is my mouse speed out of control.. its only on the 2nd to lowest speed level and its super fast!!!

something has got to be wrong! what happened to my computer its totally I LOVE MONKEYS up real bad and I think my keyboard might even be slowing down..

both blue tooth wireless of course

I tried restarting.. new batteries.. disk repair... whats up?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Pretty hard to help here if we don't know the OS version, the Mac and the Bluetooth peripheral models...
QUOTE Thanks
jimmyfitz

OS X latest version.. Blue Tooth Wireless mouse... and keyboard Powermac G5

peripheral models?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

1- The keyboard and mouse models... Are they 3rd party or Apple's? Because it could be the driver software behaving strangely for some reason.

2- When did the mouse and keyboard behaviour change? Did you install new software recently?

3- Could there be anything interfering with the Bluetooth signal?

4- Latest version being 10.4.8?
QUOTE Thanks
jimmyfitz

both apple models not 3rd party... not mighty mouse either..

cant remember installing anything... just started when i turned on computer...

as far as i know there are no other interfering signals

no new software...

this is driving me crazy!... im about to take it into the apple store in the next few days anyway for them to repair my cd-rom and clean off the hard drive anyway.

thanks for helping me
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Well unless I'm mistaken, if your mouse is Bluetooth and is an Apple mouse it has to be a Mighty Mouse.

Just a thought here... Do you let your Mac on at night (not in sleep mode) so Tiger can perform the maintenance tasks? If not you might want to download Santa Software's MainMenu utility.

With this utility, you can run manually the maintenance tasks and you can clean up your user cache and the system's as well.

Another thing to try... Create a new user account without any Admin privileges and see if the mouse and keyboard are reacting strangely in there too.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yes - you're mistaken:

The original apple wireless mouse was bluetooth based and only had one mouse button.

So maybe it really is wireless interference causing the issue.

I'd delete the pairing and try to set it up all over again.
QUOTE Thanks
jimmyfitz

no.. there are no other mouses interfearing i know this for a fact.. Unless you are saying that the actual Keyboard might be interfearing with the mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
samoan_ridah

Anyone else have problems right-clicking stuff? I use the right-click all the time and it constantly hangs up or takes forever. I have a wireless mighty mouse, btw.
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

imacmatt09 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoan_ridah View Post
Anyone else have problems right-clicking stuff? I use the right-click all the time and it constantly hangs up or takes forever. I have a wireless mighty mouse, btw.
bluetooth is slowww sometimes happens to me
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I found this slightly amusing | Have Intel Macs lost the edge? »