Would this be an interesting article?
    Hi all,

I'm a few weeks away from launching my blog which will focus on virtualization. This site will cover products from VMware, Parallels, Xen, VirtualIron, and several other vendors.

Right now I am beta testing VMware Fusion, which will be competing with Parallels desktop for Mac. I was wondering how much interest would there be for me to show everyone how to P2V an existing Physical WinXP box into a virtual machine that would run on VMware Fusion. That would allow someone to "switch" without losing ANYTHING from their old XP system.

I've already done this and it works pretty well, within the confines of Fusion's current beta issues (ie: bugs) I'll be writing a review of Fusion as well...

So what are your thoughts? Would this be useful to you? Are there any particulars you think I should focus on? What other issues involving Virtualization or Virtualization on a Mac do you think would be interesting.

Thanks,
    The Beav

i know what you're saying, when I went over there yesterday all I had was the first two they offered. I wasn't impressed. Then when I ordered the virtual network parts I wasn't impressed again... sigh
    12" ibook G4 1.33ghz - 1GB ram - 40gb hdd

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" iPhone 7 iPad Air and many iPods
    I've been using Parallels since its beta days, and we use a lot of virtualization in my office so I'm very interested in the topics you outlined.

Being able to switch lock, stock, and barrel to a virtualized environment is intriguing, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    i know what you're saying, when I went over there yesterday all I had was the first two they offered. I wasn't impressed. Then when I ordered the virtual network parts I wasn't impressed again... sigh
    Umm... huh?

Thread Information