New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Webcams/ iSight and Apples

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rob.Taylor

Hi,

I'm new to Mac Forums, so please bear with me if I'm posting my question in the wrong place.

I've got an Apple iMac G5 (without a build in iSight webcam). iSight webcams are no longer made and so I'm looking for an equivalent quality webcam.

I've seen a Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision advertised. A quick look on some websites tell me that it runs on Windows- no shock there.

My question is simply this. Does anyone from here have any experience of using the Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision on an Apple Mac running OS X? Your answers will help me decide whether to buy one.

Rob
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

I take it you're in Europe? I expect that Apple will be coming out with a new one that will be available in Europe. As far as I know iSights are still around in the US.

QUOTE Thanks
JM The Great

JM The Great is on a distinguished road

I'm using normal logitech webcam which until last wasn't working on my G4 iMac. When i bought it 6 months back i've seen the same like yours that it works on Mac But It Didnt .
Last week i've found one site where it said that i need one software & i downloaded it
Now its working fine on my Mac
Try this site
http://www.ecamm.com/mac/ichatusbcam/configs.html
You'll see a list of Cameras that works on Mac & their drivers
Enloy

:mac:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« So Who's not working Today? | Rockbox on 2gen nano?? »