New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

No Wii for me

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

todd51

Well, I figured maybe I'd get lucky and since my town had a wal-mart and a k-mart that I would be able to find oen this morning...no luck, every town around me was sold out and my wal-mart only got in 20. That sucks, I thought they were supposed to ship 5x the amount of the PS3's?
QUOTE Thanks
D.A.R.Y.L.

D.A.R.Y.L. is on a distinguished road

Toys R Us had bundles available on their website this morning.
QUOTE Thanks
SunsetRoadzter

SunsetRoadzter will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD

I was 81st in line @ Best Buy this morning they had a 102 of them. So I was lucky to get one.

What is the distance between here and now anyway?:mac:

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

we had people camped out for best buy, target, circuit city, toys r us and walmart yesterday

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
dohidied

dohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz

I got to Target last night at 11pm and I was #23 of 60. The Wii is awesome.
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Don't give up hope yet. Check amazon.com and bestbuy.com. Nintendo shipped 1 million at launch and planned on having 2 million in the US by the end of the year.
QUOTE Thanks
SunsetRoadzter

SunsetRoadzter will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattlike View Post
Don't give up hope yet. Check amazon.com and bestbuy.com. Nintendo shipped 1 million at launch and planned on having 2 million in the US by the end of the year.
Yeah Nintendo has there stuff together when it comes to units to sell.

What is the distance between here and now anyway?:mac:

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis is a jewel in the roughSgt Beavis is a jewel in the rough

The demand for the Wii was unexpectedly HUGE. I knew it would be good, but I didn't expect people to go nuts like the handful of people that managed to get a PS3.

Fortunately I decided a while back to hold off on buying a Wii until next year. Besides, I dropped a big load of cash buying this MacBook Pro.
QUOTE Thanks
brianj08

brianj08 will become famous soon enough

the wii isnt good. get a 360
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212

People knew they wouldn't be able to get the PS3, so they go and get the other option. Personally i don't like the idea of spending so much in a PS3 or X-Box 360, however i would buy a Wii. The price seems right to me, and it is in stock, somewhere...

[is pointless to click here]
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I also got my Wii today at Best Buy, my Wii was 86 of 87. YIKES! I was lucky. I got embarrassed today, when I told someone I was going to play with me Wii.
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

alucard is a jewel in the roughalucard is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz Intel Xeon W/3GB Ram & 250GB HDD

I was fortunate. I went to two Targets, a Best Buy and a Circuit City. No one had any. I then decided to go to EB games in the mall hoping they had extras (they didn't). As i was waiting for EB to open a kid came up and was telling me how he camped out at Wal Mart for 3 days to get his Wii at midnight. I was thinking to myself "then why in the heck are you here?" He tells me that he pre ordered one at EB and that i could take over his pre order if i wanted to. I said heck yea and when the store opened i paid for it and he gave me the Wii. He didn't ask for anything in return but i got him a game since he was nice enough to let me take over his pre order. There was about 4 people who were waiting in line behind me when the guy said they didnt have any extras, only pre orders. As they left i was thinking, "Man did i got here at the right time."
QUOTE Thanks
Jmic81

Jmic81 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Intel Core Duo

That sucks!!! The way Nontendo made it sound there wouldnt be a prolem. I should have saved the$$ to get one today. Instead I decided to wait till i get paid fri. This is not cool.
QUOTE Thanks
Jem

Jem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianj08 View Post
the wii isnt good. get a 360
Oh darn, I'm glad you told me that, I was just about to buy one! But now, as brianj08 says so I'll go and buy a 360...

baaaaaaaahhh! baaaaaaahhhh!!! <ok so my sheep impression isn't brilliant...>
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Man I called again today and our town still doesnt' have any. I also looked online at like best buy, but all i can seem to be able to buy are the accessories.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Free $100 gift card from Best Buy with selected mac computer purchase | DVD Metro/Street Finder »