New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

PS3 in two days!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CarlConti08

CarlConti08 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD

I don't know if any other mac users out there are video gamers, but i sure know that i am. I'm pumped for the ps3s release! i waited once in line at toysrus for 25hrs just for a pre-order. now im waiting again starting tomorrow. it'll probably end up being 30hrs this time but its all going to be worth it once i peel that wrapping paper off my shiny new (and free not to mention) ps3. i know people are annoyed at us who are going to be selling on ebay but im just doing it to fund my expensive taste in video games. trust me, the money someone pays me for my second ps3 will be put to very good use. are any of you guys (or gals) going to be camping out soon? i know some crazy gamers started camping back on the 7th, but best buy kicked them off their property on Friday. the funny thing is a few of them quit their jobs just so they could camp there for a week and a half. too bad for them i guess :headphone .

QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Yep, I called my local Game Stop and I guarenteed to get a 60 gig PS3 on Friday even though there are many shortages reported. I'm pumped!

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I like my 360/PC/Xbox setup.. Never was a PS fan at all. Cool though.
QUOTE Thanks
Marl Huss

Marl Huss will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB

Its March 2006 oh wait, November 2006, nevermind March 2007 for Europe :p but as I am not a PlayStation fan I am not worried about it.

I hope you enjoy opening your PS3 up as much as I did with my last launch console (360). Its a awesome feeling, getting it at the shop, taking it home, opening it, then turning it on. Anyway have fun with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkr0x0r View Post
I like my 360/PC/Xbox setup.. Never was a PS fan at all. Cool though.
I currently have my 360 connected to my Mac and PC so that I can share my videos and such between them, :p, the only thing I need now it to be able to connect them all to the same TV/Moniter and to then be able to select between them :p

I was a PS1 fan, then I got the Xbox, loved the games and western RPGs, shooters, stealth games etc.
QUOTE Thanks
Conehead778

Conehead778 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4

Um, I dont know if you knew but Ebay and sony have an agreement, and anyone that tries to sell a ps3 on ebay their account will be canceled.
QUOTE Thanks
dohidied

dohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead778 View Post
Um, I dont know if you knew but Ebay and sony have an agreement, and anyone that tries to sell a ps3 on ebay their account will be canceled.
Do you have a source for that? Because there are thousands of people already selling their preordered PS3s on eBay.
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Quote:
Not would be considered Illegal, Sony must inform Consumers before purchase that the products can not be resold as Ebay policy is that they allow the sale of all Golds except those marked "Not for Resale".

So I highly doubt this piece of news but if you've got a link?

-----

Hope the PS3 is good, as an Xbox 360 fan I don't want the competitor going out or doing crap as we all know Microsoft works alot better when it's got a bit of competition.

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
matt1985

matt1985 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marl Huss View Post
Its March 2006 oh wait, November 2006, nevermind March 2007 for Europe :p but as I am not a PlayStation fan I am not worried about it.
were in the same boat in australia, i would like one but im happy to wait for the price to come down tho.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Yea hope you enjoy your PS3, I'm getting the Wii when it comes out. I would be getting the PS3 but I just have a lack of money, haha.
QUOTE Thanks
wytwolf

wytwolf will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD

Yeah all my local walmarts were suppose to get 12-15 ps'3 for this friday. Now do to the shortage and some manufacturing issue they are only getting 2 each. It's only got be holy war on friday morning.
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Quote:
Not true at all. If it is a pre-order, you'll just need to follow the rules they stated otherwise if it's in your hands you don't need to worry about those rules. The only thing that happens is, if you do sell a pre-order Paypal will hold the money until you ship it.
QUOTE Thanks
Vagrant

Vagrant is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: '08 Mac Pro, 10GB RAM, Mercury SSD, 3x WD HDDs, Radeon 5770

My local Gamestop told me that Sony will not honor warranties on PS3's purchased on Ebay, but I think that is the extent of the "agreement." Since it is a rev a product I, personally, would want the reassurance of the warranty. My first Playstation stopped reading discs unless it was upside down, my first PS2's DVD drive died right out of warranty and my Xbox nearly caught fire. I wish they had Applecare for next gen consoles:bomb:

PSN Tag: CWA xVAGRANT83x
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Xmas Incentives | Is leaving your computer on 24/7 bad? »