New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Eye Tv 250// Tv Mini Hd help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

goga82

I know that there is a topic on this particular issue, but it does not really answer any of my questions. I just switched and bought my first Mac. a 24" tricked out Imac..and certainly want to watch and record TV on this big beautiful screen, now..I live in New York and have Digital cable service provided by Time Warner with an HDTV box, now as I see it, I have two choices eye tv 250 or tv mini Hd...but there is a probem with both, eyetv 250 only works with analog signals, and I have a digital cable box..and tv mini Hd says right on the site that it does not work with paid digital cable services.....??? what the... So what product can I use to connect to my cable box and enjoy great quality TV ( and record it). Also, how will this connection happen, what video out will I need to use from the back of my box? S video? ...maybe I will use a component audio cable and make the signal analog? I am quite confused..also with whichever product you recommend...i def want to record content( I think the eyetv software ships with most of these products)..THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!
QUOTE Thanks
Fallooza

Fallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant future

i think you want the eye tv 500

EDIT: maybe not
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

The EyeTV 250 doesn't record HD content and both the EyeTV Hybrid and TV Mini HD only record OTA (over the air) High Definition that you would get from an antenna. I haven't seen any recorders that will take component inputs so you wouldn't be able to get HD recordings from your cable box

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just 5 more days | Had to sell my Macbook but will buy another one »