New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Am i a victim of IP Spoofing?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macgwyver

When i have just Safari and or mail open all is fine, but when i use Aquisition or Bit Torrent I get good connection for a while then it all goes belly up, downoad speeds go down to 0.1, if i have Safari open it says I am not connected to the internet, console.log has various messages -

"Nov 5 10:32:53 mDNSResponder: NOTE: Wide-Area Service Discovery disabled to avoid crashing defective DNS relay 194.168.8.100."

">>> Warning: UDP sendto failed: (65, 'No route to host')
Nov 5 10:52:42 mDNSResponder: mDNSPlatformSendUDP sendto failed to send packet on InterfaceID 0180D200 en0/4 to 224.0.0.251:5353 skt 9 error -1 errno 65 (No route to host) 4035652752

Network Diagnostics
Reveal multiple locations
Automatic
i4
Location (14/08/2006 08.37) does this mean anything to anyone???:tusks:
QUOTE Thanks
thermidor

thermidor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB

Frankly, no it doesn't, but my guess is that your router is getting swamped by all the P2P traffic and falling over. I've found that some routers are worse than others for this.

I'd bet that if you shut down the P2P software, your network will be back to normal after a couple of minutes, once all the traffic has died down.

I don't think you should worry about IP spoofing.
QUOTE Thanks
thermidor

thermidor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB

Oh, just thought, if it's the router then any other computers on your network will also grind to a halt; if not, then it's not the router.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The bliss of Mac | Which is better? MacBook or PowerBookG 4 12" »