New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Which is better? MacBook or PowerBookG 4 12"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kulokoy

Kulokoy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.

powerbook g4 12" 1.5GHz,1.25Gig ram VS MacBook 2.0 CD 1Gig (refurbished)
QUOTE Thanks
Laytonx

Laytonx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro

Well i wouldnt buy anything with a PowerPC chip at this point. Plus the intel chip i much much faster. Macbook for sure.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Yeah buying a PowerPC is not rational. The latest point for doing that IMO was this January.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

brendan67 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.26 4GBRAM iPhone6

depends on cost

i'd spend money on a ppc - if the price was right

but comparing like for like - i'd go macbook:mac:
QUOTE Thanks
brianj08

brianj08 will become famous soon enough

the macbook without a doubt. i have noticed that my macbook has been running the same as the day i have gotten it delivered, while on the other hand i have about 7 windows pc's in my hosue and they all run bad after a certain amount of time. my brother was just having problems with his Dell with centrino running slowly. the mac hasnt had this problem
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulokoy View Post
powerbook g4 12" 1.5GHz,1.25Gig ram VS MacBook 2.0 CD 1Gig (refurbished)
Better for what?
The measure of a notebook's worthiness depends on what you plan on using it for.
Does the MacBook have "better" specs?... of course, it is newer technology.

If you already have a PowerBook and use it for design work with Adobe's CS2 suite, the PowerBook would be "better" because Adobe CS2 isn't Universal yet.

The answer never really changes for this kind of question, comparing two systems to each other... the answer is always whichever one suits your needs best.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianj08 View Post
the macbook without a doubt. ... brother was just having problems with his Dell with centrino running slowly. the mac hasnt had this problem
brianj08, the systems he is asking about are both Macintoshes. The Powerbook is the (non Intel) Power PC precursor to the new laptops.
QUOTE Thanks
wytwolf

wytwolf will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
brianj08, the systems he is asking about are both Macintoshes. The Powerbook is the (non Intel) Power PC precursor to the new laptops.
I think the point brian was trying to make was how the macbook was running just as smooth as the day he bought it....that's all. He wasn't comparing mac to pc.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Like DB pointed out, if you are going to run all Adobe and Macromedia apps which as yet are NOT universal, the PPC would be the best, but for everything else and compatibility with the future, the Macbook would be the way to go. If it were me I would get the Macbook.
QUOTE Thanks
Kulokoy

Kulokoy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.

i guess the consensus is stick with what is working for me. thanks for the feedbacks. i only do iMovie and iDVD which can take longer in my PB g4 and besides i only do these things once in a while.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Am i a victim of IP Spoofing? | Extra mac? »