New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

The bliss of Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jerbils

jerbils is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz, 120 GB, 2 GB RAM, Superdrive

Sometimes, I just get on my knees and thank god for technology. I'm sitting at my desk on a fine Saturday morning, with my MacBook on my right playing iTunes, while I play an SNES emulator that the computer is pumping to my 20' Dell monitor. I'm a geek in heaven.

No real point to this thread, I'm just appreciating what we have. Sometimes we forget.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

I did that the other morning before school. It was one of those days where I didn't have class till 11, woke up at about 8:30 becuase I got tons of sleep the night before. Wasn't tired at all, made some breakfast, and no one was home so I turned up the sub and speakers hooked up to my MBP and blasted some Breaking Benjamins on my new Mac. Checked my email, chatted on Adium, and checked my school's website only to find out that my only class for the day was CANCELLED! So I sat there for another 2 hours! I was in a moment of bliss of enjoying my technology without a care in the world!
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Sounds like me.. my high-performance wintel machine and my xandros machine are KVM'd to a 17" monitor, then I have my 13" TV with my highly modded xbox beside that.. Then, behind me, my 21" widescreen monitor is running my Xbox 360 in HD-VGA.. my Wintel has surround sound, and my xbox 360 has logitech z-3e speakers. Also, my 360 is KVM'd with my G4 PowerMac (used fot media like movies and music)... Hehe.
QUOTE Thanks
wicker_man

wicker_man will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD

I was feeling the same a few days ago when my G4 Cube came.

I woke up early for my driving lesson and a few minutes after I got back, the guy delivered two boxes- Cube and 17" LCD Studio Display.

My good ol' G3 iMac was playing In Flames while I opened up my Cube and set it all up on my desk (where my iMac usually sits, but it has now been moved temporarily to my filing cabinet). I then sat and admired it for a bit (compared to my Windows laptop next to it) and hoping my hard drive and TORX screwdrivers hurry up so I can use it!

MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz, PowerMac G4 Cube + 17" LCD Studio Display, 2x1TB WD My Book Studio (FW800)
iPod Classic 160GB (Black), 3rd gen 40GB, iPhone 2G 16GB + Denon AH-C551K
NAD C370 + B&W 686 + Grado SR80
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

I am in the mood for this kinda stuff right now, as I celebrate one year of being a mac-addict. And I changed my desktop back to the blue thing for nostalgia purposes.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

I too am celebrating 1 year. I'm really appreciating my 20" PPC iMac G5 all the more as it's going back to it's mummy!

I've had 4 repairs in the last 4 mths of the complimentary warranty and I persuaded Apple Aust to replace my mac.

So, any day now I'll get the call....bring your mac in for replacement....so I'm just really enjoying using it in it's last days here at my house. All the cool features I've grown to love ... all the fantastic things I've achieved in the last 12mths.

Not to mention being a part of the Mac-Forums community, where I've learnt heaps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Do I need to purchase a router? | Am i a victim of IP Spoofing? »