New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

GMail Account?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Can anyone tell me how I can get a GMail Account not a GoogleMail Account?

BTW I'm living in the UK, and anyone I know with GMail is from the UK aswell so they can only send me GoogleMail Invites. Anyway round this?

Any Help Very Welcome

Cheers

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/int...ooglemail.html

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough

That doesn't help me out?

I want a GMail account not a a GoogleMail one.

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
mr g5

mr g5 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM

you would probly need to register with a USA address.

Join the Mac-forums folding team By Clicking Here
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr g5
you would probly need to register with a USA address.
Yea but you have to be Invited, however when I get sent the Invite it asks me to input my Google Email Address but has @googlemail.com at the end.

I would prefer @GMail.com instead.

I'm thinking that maybe if a USA member sent me an Invite then I might be able to do it but I'd like to know if anyone has done this and could help me out doing it.

Unless there is an easier way?

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

It doesn't matter who sends the invite to you. Your IP address comes from the UK so unless you have a proxy to the US then you won't be able to get a @gmail.com address.

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG D 04
I'm thinking that maybe if a USA member sent me an Invite then I might be able to do it but I'd like to know if anyone has done this and could help me out doing it.
According to Google (and the link already provided), that would not make a diffference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Mail in the UK
What if I invite someone? Will they also have to create an @googlemail.com address?
That depends on where your invitation recipients are located. If they are in a country where we issue Gmail addresses, then they will get an @gmail.com address. But from the UK, you will only be able to send Google Mail invitations. If your recipient is also in the UK, he or she will only be able to get an @googlemail.com address.
In other words, you will not be able to get an email address ending with "@gmail.com". Because using the GMail name is a trademark violation in the UK, it would not appear likely that you are going to find a way around it.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

Oh Cheers, I apologise as this, if I read it carefully, was already point out. Sorry My Mistake.

Cheers for your Help though.

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

It does work if people use gmail at the end and not googlemail when sending you mails.

Otherwise, have someone invite before you go abroad on holiday next time and then go to an internetcafe there to register.....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Xbox 360 or PS3? | Would you buy a Mini "Pro" with enhanced graphics? »