New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Tablet

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I just bought a tablet from Wacom, at the apple store. After using it I decided I like it alot. Who else uses a tablet?

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

What are you primarily using it for? I am interested in getting one...
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Currently I am still just fooling around with it, have not used it for anything insanely hard yet, its taking some getting use to. I use the mouse as a replacement to my old mouse and I am starting to use the pen for simple things in photoshop and I did some work in shake practicing with the pen. Its pretty cool.. It was worth the $200 its pretty cool

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

Hmm, sounds pretty nice. I might take a basic design class at my college. I dont think they offer anything for macs, but I could learn the fundamentals, and then possibly buy one with some software...

Its probably not a neccessity, and I just spent almost $1800 on a new computer and Final Cut already...

And I just saw the new Canon G7, mmm...

Enjoy your tablet.
QUOTE Thanks
JRV

JRV will become famous soon enough

I just bought a Wacom Intuos3. After customizing the mouse and pen to my liking I will say that the tablet works well. The pen can be tricky though. I am not use to the way the pen works and still need a lot of practice.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Can you use the tablet for inputting text or jotting notes, too? Software?

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
JRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi View Post
I'm not sure if there are programs for that. So far I am just using the pen for Photoshop. For everything else I use the mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

What size one did you get? I was thinking about picking up the 5x4" Wacom, since it's teh cheapest and I work a crap-tacular job...
QUOTE Thanks
JRV

I bought the 6x8 Intuos3. It seems like more than enough. Small ones will be tight and the larger ones will require you to move your hand further distances. I would recommend a mid size tablet like mine. Desk space may also be an issue you need to consider.
QUOTE Thanks
SunsetRoadzter

SunsetRoadzter will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD

I so want a tablet for photoshop just can't justify the cost for what I can do with a mouse. But I think the tab. might be better. But I also found this product I will probaly want to try it. Check it out!

Hybrid Tool Thing

It sounds like it could be cool but who knows!

What is the distance between here and now anyway?:mac:

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
MC Hammer

MC Hammer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600

I got Wacom Intuos3 A4. (Dunno the size in inches but it's the second largest of the series. ..I posted couple of setup pictures yesterday to the Setup-thread. You can see it there.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi View Post
Can't say about the other models but Intuos3 came with handwriting recognition software called Ink.

_This bit s written by hand_ which the software automatically changes to typed text. It has gestures for copying, deleting, pasting, return etc.
It's pretty neat but takes some time to train the program so it recognizes your handwriting.

Syntax Error.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« best of a band III - led zeppelin | Eight Months at Mac-Forums: A Member's Evolution »